Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"first payment will be issued by cheque"???

• 06-07-2009 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

Hi, I have been waiting for my jobseekers allowance 10+ weeks and i got this letter 10 days ago saying my "first payment will be issued by cheque on 25-june-2009 and every friday after that". It didnt say if it would be posted to me or if i had to collect it so i went down that day to the post office, they didnt know and they said i should go to the social welfare office. The guy there looked at me like i had 2 heads and said it will probably be posted out but he wasnt sure. Iv already collected my 2nd weeks payment last friday but 10 days have gone & still no cheque for first payment.

Does anyone know if it will be posted or do i need to collect it? If by post, how long should it take? Im trying to ring their office all day (8+ times now, it keeps hanging up after 2mins) but nobody is picking up and i dont want to walk down for the long queue's only to be told to wait for it :(

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

How far away from the post office are you (in miles)

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭j_lennon18

dlambirl wrote: »
    How far away from the post office are you (in miles)

Im about a 1/2 mile from the post office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Oh?? Normally if your past a certain distance from the post office they'll post out the cheques....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭uoluol

Cheque payment is usually issued if you are on casual dockets.

The cheques are issued on Friday evenings, and depending on your postman, should be with you by Tuesday morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Because you were waiting 10 weeks for your payment, your back pay was probably a large amount. So they could have sent this by cheque to your home address, and all other payments from then on to be collected at the Post Office. If the letter said it would issue on 25th June and you have still to receive it, I would go down to your local office, with the letter and proof of ID and tell them you haven't received it - they can check on their system if its been issued or not.

• Advertisement
Advertisement