Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about train tickets

Options
  • 06-07-2009 1:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭

When I commute to Dublin I usually go by car. But, tomorrow, I will be going by train. I have heard of a deal where they give you free use of the Dublin Bus, LUAS and DART services for that day if you ask them to put it on your ticket. Is this true? Or have I been grossly mistaken?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Maldini2706

I've never heard of anything like that. I think there may be a rail/Luas link-up but there definitely isn't anything that covers all public transport, that would be far too forward thinking!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭markpb

When you buy an Irish Rail ticket to Heuston, you can ask for an add-on on the Luas or bus (or both maybe, not sure) that will bring you all the way into the city centre. It's only valid for one trip (or two on a return ticket) and no further than that.

Once you get there, you can buy 1 day bus/rail or 1 day bus/Luas tickets but I don't think there's a single ticket for all three.

Advertisement