Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where's the best place to get a tattoo in limerick?

Options
  • 06-07-2009 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

and is it hygenic, etc... The sight of an aul tattoo needle getting a quick wipe on a tea-towel before use would kind of put me off....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

Never got one but I know a few people who swear by Danny Bullman. Supposed to be the bogs dollix.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Danny isnt in Limerick anymore,hes in Vienna...so,unless u fancy the flight over :p

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

On your arse, or perhaps your forehead? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭sparkman

heh heh...now that u mention it, an extra eye-ball in the middle of the forehead would be cool.:D
    That's D. Bullmans ruled out so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Azphyxi8

Living Art or AllStar Ink are both good. Both are hygenic and top notch in that way. It would really depend on the piece that you want to get.

Saying that Ross Nagle in AllStar won the best of show at the Middleton Tattoo Convention last week so that has to say something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

It all depends on the design that you have in mind.

If you are looking for something which will have vivid colouring and fluid lines, then Ross in AllStar is your man, as colours and oriental designs are defo where he stands out in as well as tribal patterns.

But if you are looking for something really detailed with a lot of shading and/or fine detail, then for my money the best in Ireland right now are Tattoo Zoo in Cork or Zulu Tatto in Dublin.

Tattoo Zoo has the portfolio of each artist there online on their website so you can see the quality of work.

Sean used to be the best in Zulu Tattoo, but some have said his work has slipped a bit, but I have yet to see a sub standard piece by him.

I have had work done by Danny Bullman, Ross, Sean in Zulu, Fergal and Connie in Tattoo Zoo.

Danny If he had not left Limerick would be my first choice, then Fergal, then Sean, then Ross, and then Connie.

Kieran in Tattoo Zoo seems to do nice work also, but I have not seen enough of his work to make a comment either way.

Azphyxi8 wrote: »
    Living Art or AllStar Ink are both good. Both are hygenic and top notch in that way. It would really depend on the piece that you want to get.

Saying that Ross Nagle in AllStar won the best of show at the Middleton Tattoo Convention last week so that has to say something.

I saw that in the paper yesterday, he won best colour and best Oriental design, no real surprises there though as he is one of the best in both those areas.

Bumped as there was yet another new thread asking about this.

Advertisement