Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCC Offers & Acceptance - Mature Student

Options
  • 06-07-2009 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,

Just wondering how many people have received and/or accepted a place at UCC?

I have just accepted an offer to do CK101 (Arts). I'm both thrilled and incredibly nervous (been out of school for over 25 years). Was wondering how many others feel the same?

TY

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

Got into Arts too. See you in September. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭shell022

hey,
    I got accepted into social work.. so excited. Gotta move to cork now.Anyone recommend anywhere..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

shell022 wrote: »
    hey,
    I got accepted into social work.. so excited. Gotta move to cork now.Anyone recommend anywhere..

Just look around the city itself and you're likely to find some place nice. If you want to be somewhat suburbanised, i'd recommend Wilton/Bishopstown. I lived there for the first year that I moved here and it's a great area. Lots of facilities and it's only a 10/15 min bus journey from town or a 25 min walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Ell69

Got accepted into arts too, but am deferring till next year. I really thought I'd flunked the MSAP test so I enrolled onto another course. Never expected to get accepted. Was going to study art history as my major. Been out of school 25yrs now too. I will definitly take the place next year though and this other course might give me practise time on doing essays and meeting deadlines etc which I would be so out of practise on.
    Best of luck, I can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Ell69

here's a link to arts timetable, I got it when I was full sure I wa going. I was trying to work out my childcare etc. Admissions e-mailed it to me. I've been told it doesn't vary except if you have labs etc.
    It'll give you an idea of what your week may be like.

http://www.ucc.ie/en/CollegesandDepartments/ArtsCelticStudiesandSocialSciences/InformationforCurrentStudents/Timetables/DocumentFile,20332,en.pdf

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 topazyellow

Hi,

Thanks all for you replies-

TWH - Will see you in September or maybe before at the UCC workshops.
    Shell022 - Congrats and Good Luck for when you start.
    Ell69 - Hope you enjoy the new course and will hopefully see you at UCC in 2010 and thank you for the links.

Regards,

Topaz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 racemaker

My other half just accepted his offer at UCC too for CK101 he is over the moon :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 pharmstar

hi, does anyone know if ucc have sent out offers for medicine yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭CZ 453

I got law this week as well.Cant wait...Start of a new life....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭shell022

completely agree. new chapter of my life starting in september.. My bank balance will not survive but sure it will all be worth it in the end!!

• Advertisement

Grants info is not out yet i dont think...The booze must be minimum.Thankfully this is the first time im doing something i want to do which makes it so much easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 rgnmb

pharmstar, the admissions office has the results for medicine a week after the interviews...after this you would only hear from the CAO...

Got my CAO offer in the early round, CK701 :D

Anyone else going down that route? PM me!

Did you get medecine mature???

• Registered Users Posts: 20 macaodh

Hi,

I got offered PE. Finally! Went down to suss out Cork this week. Been a while since I was down there. Great little city (Big town). Very friendly people. I'm scared sh**less about the move but I'm following my dream career. See some of you about. :-)

As in PE teaching course???Great GREAT city you mean...ha ha

Best of luck

Yeh PE teaching. Might be a 'GREAT' city...but I'd leave my car well out of the city centre. I just arrived onto Merchant's Quay and somebody crashed into the back of me. There's a GREAT welcome :P And as to the one-way systems - don't get me started :)

macaodh wrote: »
    Yeh PE teaching. Might be a 'GREAT' city...but I'd leave my car well out of the city centre. I just arrived onto Merchant's Quay and somebody crashed into the back of me. There's a GREAT welcome :P And as to the one-way systems - don't get me started :)

Holy Crap:eek:.Was it a D reg you had:p.You will get used to the one ways in no time.Same going to any city i suppose.Did you have an interview for PE teaching and did you have to do MSAP as well???

Just had to do MSAP. I did well on that so guess that got me the place. Strange there wasn't an interview - I wondered why myself, however, I'm not complaining. It's tough to get into PE so I'm glad. What's your story? You a mature student in Cork?

My little story...Did 2 yrs applied chem in CIT after leaving cert.Went out and worked for a year,came back to college to find i hated lab work.Went to college of commerce to do plc course in psychology last year.Liked it but loved sociology module.Always interested in law.Applied for law and arts in UCC.Did MSAP but was sick on the day so didnt do too well.Did law exam/assessment and interview and did well enough to get offered a place.Im 24 now.from cork so Happy days.Cant wait...

shezer wrote: »
    My little story...Did 2 yrs applied chem in CIT after leaving cert.Went out and worked for a year,came back to college to find i hated lab work.Went to college of commerce to do plc course in psychology last year.Liked it but loved sociology module.Always interested in law.Applied for law and arts in UCC.Did MSAP but was sick on the day so didnt do too well.Did law exam/assessment and interview and did well enough to get offered a place.Im 24 now.from cork so Happy days.Cant wait...

Only 24. From Cork. Well versed in what you want to do. I think you're sorted. "In the bag" as the saying goes :cool: I wish you all the best.

• Advertisement

Thanks.24 is still mature though....well thats what i tell myself:p.....Best of luck

Advertisement