Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ring UFO ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

The title of the thread is Ring UFO? With a question mark? Of course it's a UFO. Unidentified-flying-object.

So it's crazy to think that it may be part of a nearby ride. Ok, can you give me a non-crazy explanation as to what it may be?

A comment on one of the videos explains how to make something like that with black bin bags and helium, it's been done before. But it's more than likely E.T. or Captain Spock or something, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

The fact that it's on the news in the states would kinda rule out the fact that it was a normal everyday occurance in the theme park as they would have explained exactly what it was. (IMO for what it's worth)

If it was bin bags and Helium I presume it would at least make some movement in the wind...but I've no clue what it is but it's the first ufo Video I've seen in years that has really caught my interest.

The question mark in the Title is one of confusion as I've no idea what it is....
    But Overblood thank you for your valuable input. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

blue plastic bags in petrols stations have made it onto the news in the states, so I wouldnt put too much behind the fact it made the news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

This cant be bin liners and helium.
    How high up is it? Bluddy high thats how high.
    How many binliners would it take to make something of this size and it also looks like a perfect circle. And how much helium would you need, and why is it not moving?. This is also higher than the clouds so its big.

I'd say its a UFO. Either that or the biggest damn Chinese Lantern ever.

ufo as in alien spacecraft or ufo as in object currently unidentified?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭gpjordanf1

suey71 wrote: »
    How many binliners would it take to make something of this size and it also looks like a perfect circle. And how much helium would you need, and why is it not moving?. This is also higher than the clouds so its big.

I'd say its a UFO. Either that or the biggest damn Chinese Lantern ever.
    HA! Chinese lanterns, brilliant, was wondering when that old chestnut would raise it's head! Classic material!

this is an interesting comment:
    That woman has to be one of the dumbest people on Earth. I’ve been to Kings Dominion and that ring is there a lot. It’s from the Volcano roller coaster ride. The volcano puffs out that ring several times a day. The news media has to be really dumb for reporting it too.

http://411chatter.com/850/kings-dominion-ufo/

iamhunted. I'll go with the Object Currently Unidentified after reading your last post:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Same thing again in Orlando Florida back in 1999.

funny how they appear near theme parks.

heres one way of doing it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHpBComsngQ

• Advertisement

The fact that it's on the news in the states would kinda rule out the fact that it was a normal everyday occurance in the theme park as they would have explained exactly what it was. (IMO for what it's worth)

News in the states = true?
    If it was bin bags and Helium I presume it would at least make some movement in the wind...but I've no clue what it is but it's the first ufo Video I've seen in years that has really caught my interest.

What wind?

But Overblood thank you for your valuable input. :rolleyes:

Skeptical input is always valuable so you are welcome.

I'd say its a UFO.

Wow, 5 seconds of contemplating and you've reached the conclusion that there is no way it can be bin liners due to the fact that you need lots of bin liners to do that, and it's high up, so therefore it is a UFO (I'm guessing you mean alien spaceship when you say UFO).
    iamhunted wrote: »
    this is an interesting comment:
    That woman has to be one of the dumbest people on Earth. I’ve been to Kings Dominion and that ring is there a lot. It’s from the Volcano roller coaster ride. The volcano puffs out that ring several times a day. The news media has to be really dumb for reporting it too.

http://411chatter.com/850/kings-dominion-ufo/

Well there's your problem!

No I think that one might actually be an alien spaceship.

... in disguise as a smoke ring. damned clever.

Well it definately wasn't Binliners and Helium:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Well that explains it :D bloody cool though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

sorry im gonna have to put you all down

Its HALO !!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

its the volcano in the theme park, it was a slow news day...

suey71 wrote: »
    Well it definately wasn't Binliners and Helium:D

Well it definitely wan't aliens, which is a much more stupid conclusion to make.

Before we knew what exactly it was, I hypothesized that it may be binliners and helium, which is quite probable. Binliners exist, and helium also exists. So does sellotape, which can be used to tape modified binliners end to end. Fill it with helium and then it floats. Turns out I was wrong, it was a smoke ring.

But I knew it wasn't a fecking alien visiting Earth. I still made a good effort to guess what it may have been WITHOUT resorting to alien spacecraft crap. Suey you were happy enough to state that it was an alien. Some people in this forum really have an unhealthy lack of skepticism. What's going on in this country? WHATS GOING ON COME ON WE HAVE GOOD SCHOOLS AND FREE COLLEGE AND LIBRARIES COME ON!! AAAAAAAAARRGGGHHGHHH!!!!

i think thats just the aliens being sly.

Overblood, that was the most agressive post that I've ever seen in boards.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Perhaps he is an Alien. Case Closed ..... along with this thread imo! :p

I agree with Overblood however. It wasnt agression it was frustration. I would advise he stay well clear of the mythology forum. :D

Grimes wrote: »
    Perhaps he is an Alien. Case Closed ..... along with this thread imo! :p

I agree with Overblood however. It wasnt agression it was frustration. I would advise he stay well clear of the mythology forum. :D

I have never ever been to the mythology forum before. So I had a quick glance after your post. I nearly died from cardiac arrest.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Smyth

Anyone else notice the strategically placed Scientology advert? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭An Fear Aniar

If you look at the trees in the video you'll see the wind is blowing, moving the branches, no way a smoke ring would have got so high and kept its shape like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

If you look at the trees in the video you'll see the wind is blowing, moving the branches, no way a smoke ring would have got so high and kept its shape like that.

physics might disagree with you

Advertisement