Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE radio 1 reception

Options
  • 06-07-2009 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

is it just me or does it seem to be very poor in Limerick lately, have they changed their frequency maybe?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Both Radio 1 and 2 FM radio reception is crap where I am

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭Comhrá

While I have no problems with RTE radio One's signal quality, I have noticed there are frequent breaks in reception from time to time, lasting up to around two minutes or so. Sounds as if there is ongoing work on the city transmitter but this thing is going on for a long time, sometimes with a series of transmission breaks at a time.

Never hear any explanations from RTE though. I have a feeling it could be an issue with the city transmitter up on Woodcock Hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Possible it has something to do with the work RTE has been doing on Woodcock hill over the past few months with the DTT trials, is it in your car your having problems or in a radio at home???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Both actually...... breaks in transmission lasting from twenty seconds up to two minutes. Usually mid-morning.

This has been happening on and off for ages. Nothing to do with my radio receivers....other channels work fine when the RTE outages happen

Advertisement