Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repairing a Michel Herbelin swiss watch, where?

Options
  • 06-07-2009 4:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭

new to the watches threads, hope you guys can help;)

my mom got given a Michel Herbelin watch as a departing gift from her company in South Africa, and unfortunately it has stopped working, after replacing the battery, it still didnt work. She's devistated and sent it to her local jeweler to be repaired, which sent it off to their watch makers and quoted her €130 to "remap" or something. very vague about what they intended on doing. Its an oldish watch but she cherrishes it dearly and wants it fixed. It came with a life-time gaurantee, but, not being in South Africa, she's not sure what to do. i'd really love it if someone could piont me in the right direction on what to do, or where to go. she's living in Dublin.

thanks

Tea

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 hollowjourney

Hi Tea Bag
    Did you get sorted?
    I'm a qualified horologist I have never heard the phrase 'remap' been used when repairing a watch so I don't know what they are talking about!!
    If you still need help on this you can PM me.

Advertisement