Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portable Studio Background

Options
  • 05-07-2009 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm beginning to have this interest in shooting portrait and models in-studio. As a start, I'm thinking to get a white/grey background something like this preferably portable and light to enough to move around. And of course cheap but does the work if possible! In addition to that, I'll be getting some lighting and flashguns too when budget permits.

I saw some nice kits that Borderfox has in some other thread before but surely it something that I couldn't afford yet after splashing some monies on a L glass last month.

Any advices or suggestions from fellow boardsies? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

from my experience with portable backgrounds, you'll always want it wider and higher than you'll think if you are shooting more than one person. the one you linked to does look pretty small in that regard

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

DotOrg wrote: »
    from my experience with portable backgrounds, you'll always want it wider and higher than you'll think if you are shooting more than one person. the one you linked to does look pretty small in that regard

I couldnt agree more, The paper rolls come in handy but they are hard to transport and awful awkward to use. And then the material backdrops can give horrible creases, I have yet to find opne that I like although Iwould love to try one like Borders, I dont think it would be wide enough for my family portraits.

Advertisement