Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Bus Lane Starts Tomorrow - Nicholas Street, Christchurch

Options
  • 05-07-2009 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭

Be advised that a new Bus Lane comes into operation at peak times tomorrow on Patrick Street from the cathedral up to the junction of Bride Road, it then resumes half way up the hill in Nicolas Street in the centre lane up to the junction at Christchurch.

I can see this being a disaster to be honest but as the schools are off, it probably won't be too bad.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭ollaetta

rx8 wrote: »
    I can see this being a disaster to be honest but as the schools are off, it probably won't be too bad.

Traffic back to Leonards Corner at 8.05!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭BendiBus

ollaetta wrote: »
    Traffic back to Leonards Corner at 8.05!!

Yes, but were the buses stuck in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

BendiBus wrote: »
    Yes, but were the buses stuck in it?

The only buses that travel from Leonard's Corner are the 49 and 54A so they would have been the only ones affected by this delay. For passengers on the 50, 56A, 77, 77A, 150 and 151 it must have be heaven as this section can take up to 30 minutes on a bad morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

On the 54A this morning it took 25 minutes to get from Harolds Cross to Lord Edward St - without schools this takes less than ten minutes on a good day, and only more if we get stuck trying to turn at Christchurch as some tool is in the yellow box.

The traffic coming down from Dean St also looked significantly worse than normal, as the buses attempting to join the bus lane were stuck behind cars trying to merge from the filter into the single car lane so I can't see it is any better for buses coming that way either - worse in fact!

Advertisement