Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying underage people cigarettes

Options
  • 05-07-2009 7:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭

Well when I was a lil younger, I'm only 21 now but when I started smoking at the stupid age of about 15. I used to hang outside my local shop and ask some of the older,but not too old, to buy me cigarettes from the shop. Some days I was sat there for hours waiting for the nice person to do it but other days it would only take 5 minutes.

Now I'm old enough to buy them myself but when I walk into a shop and there's some "kids" outside asking for cigarettes I refuse to buy them. I know it's totally hypocritical but I just think it's a really stupid thing to do. Maybe if the people of my day didn't buy me cigarettes i mightn't be posting this :)

Views on this one...

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I'm not getting in trouble for some little brat, they can feck off.

Anyway, I'm trying to quit now too so if I can't have any, they can't either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Take the money and leg it. What are you stupid? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭themilkyone

Take the money and leg it. What are you stupid? :P

Happened to me once when I was a wee one :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Take their €8.45 and on the way out give them a packet of chocolate cigs. Oh wait you can't do that anymore because the EU twats banned them.

Happened to me once when I was a wee one :(

Time to get your own back on the world!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭themilkyone

Time to get your own back on the world!

I think I might just do that. Two free pints here I come :D

Good idea!

I think I might just do that. Two free pints here I come :D

Good idea!

Remember, if you start to feel guilty over it, just keep telling yourself that you're doing them a favor and rescuing them from those evil cigarettes!

if you take the money and walk on, you're saving a person from getting cancer.. win win.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Tale the money and in the shop, stick it in a charity box.

Win - Win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I'd never do it for many reasons, but most of all because of how unpleasant the little b*stards sometimes turn out to be when you won't do it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

It's not worth my while getting in trouble for that.

They're also the same people who'll be blowing smoke into my face when I'm walking into / out of the shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

When I was younger the shop beside us used to sell smokes to under 18's but only certain people... (my sister wouldn't get served, I would). I used to get asked all the time to go in for people... eh no, **** off I'm not getting my smoke buying privileges taken away from me for you ye little knacker...

Advertisement