Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Info on Importing from France

Options
  • 05-07-2009 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭

Hi All,
    Myself and the other half have had some fabulous holidays both home and away in our 'overcab' camper but I am thinking that it's time to look at a fixed bed 'A' Class (integrated) type. The model that we are looking at is an Itineo LB690 made by Rapido in France.

Needless to say most of those that are for sale are in France. I am wondering if anyone has experience of importing a camper from France. I know Germany is not an issue, in many cases the paperwork is done for you and the compulsory insurance sorts out any issues with trying to get cover only on a VIN plate details.

There is also the question of actual ownership of the van or outstanding finance. These details being very clearcut in Germany but I have no idea about France.

All in all any hints or tips would be very welcome. Mind you we will be very sad to leave the existing van behind but time is marching on for all of us.

Dave

Advertisement