Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hanly Centre

Options
  • 05-07-2009 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

Was just given an interview by the Hanly Centre - have been stalked by their scratchcard selling mountebanks many a time, but I've been promised 350 base pay a week. After the time I've been having trying to find a job, sounds too good to be true. Anyone got experience with the Hanly Centre? Should I bother with the interview?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,723 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Should I bother with the interview?

Provided you don't mind spending some time as a scratchcard selling mountebank, go for it.

:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

You cant just sit back and collect your €350, GFs sister did it, she sold on scratchcard in 2 days and was let go at the end of the 2nd day.

I lasted one day working for them back when in 1997. To make €350 you would want to be selling mountains of scratchcards. I made £15 for the one day if I remember right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭ChickenScratch

I had a feeling it might be something like that... I don't mind selling the things, and I'm a fairly okay persuady-type-person, but no one even entertains chuggers like the Hanly Centre on the streets of Dublin City Centre anymore... Sigh, a job's a job. Better than that 'commission only' crap Victoria Jackson was offering me >.<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 everyonesmile:)

Sorry for replying to an old thread, was just wondering how the job with the Hanly Centre went for you? :)

Am contemplating working with them this Summer seeing as I've been handing out CVs for months without a reply and really really could do with finding a job but their website seems way to good to be true!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭sexdwarf

Personally I'd steer clear, I really don't like the way their on-street representatives hound people and I've had two run-ins with them getting aggressive when I wasn't interested, one in particular shouting after me to 'go f myself' when I didn't want to buy a scratchcard.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,934 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Sadly its a mugs game and stay clear, it was hard enough to cold sell or cold call in an attempt to sell something in the good days, in the current climate its near impossible and its a position thats bound to fail. Pity as its a good charity, just can't quite figure out why this and other reputable organisations resort to such agressive selling tatics.

www.thehanlycentre.com

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭billybigunz

Scam. The vast majority of the money they raise ends up in 'admin' costs ie the workers. Sickens me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Scam. The vast majority of the money they raise ends up in 'admin' costs ie the workers. Sickens me.

What else is it going to be spent on?! Do you even know what the Hanley centre is about?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Help2

Sorry for replying to an old thread, was just wondering how the job with the Hanly Centre went for you? :)

Am contemplating working with them this Summer seeing as I've been handing out CVs for months without a reply and really really could do with finding a job but their website seems way to good to be true!

Im supposed to have an interview with these guys tomorrow;

i wonder; €350 for a full week begging people for money (with some commission maybe?) does this sound better than €196 from going on the dole? :confused:

:pac::pac:has anyone here actually worked for these guys? Do you actually get a €350 basic plus commission or are they bullsh*ting? :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

My own opinion is that these are nothing but chuggers (charity muggers) and I can't see anyone making 350 euro a week from that kind of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Help2

Was just given an interview by the Hanly Centre - have been stalked by their scratchcard selling mountebanks many a time, but I've been promised 350 base pay a week. After the time I've been having trying to find a job, sounds too good to be true. Anyone got experience with the Hanly Centre? Should I bother with the interview?

i wonder; €350 for a full week begging people for money (with some commission maybe?) does this sound better than €196 from going on the dole?

has anyone here actually worked for these guys? Do you actually get a €350 basic plus commission or are they bullsh*ting? And if so whats the commission like?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

has anyone here actually worked for these guys? Do you actually get a €350 basic plus commission or are they bullsh*ting? And if so whats the commission like?

My mate worked for them, left after 2 hours, said it was a joke. And as for the €350 +commission, that's pure sh*t.;)

Get onto the dole is my advice or find a real job.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Maniacle

i wonder; €350 for a full week begging people for money (with some commission maybe?) does this sound better than €196 from going on the dole?

Used to work there. Its bull****, you have to sell a certain amount of cards (or whatever they sell these days) before you get 350 :rolleyes:

Advertisement