Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Word On The Rod Stewart Concert

Options
  • 05-07-2009 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭

Any feed back on the concert last night . I am living in Janesboro and could hear Elton John the last time but heard nothing last night .

I find it odd that there is no mention of it anywhere .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I heard that a lot of people who were in the East stand(facing kileely) on the Ballynanty end were complaining because they could not see anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Berty wrote: »
    I heard that a lot of people who were in the East stand(facing kileely) on the Ballynanty end were complaining because they could not see anything.

Yeah I heard similar from a group who were at it. That their view was not great and the sound was not as clear/loud as the Elton John gig.

I drove past it at about 21:30 last night and I have to say that it looked quite low key and the sound was quite low.

Those sitting outside Hassets pub must have been put out as they did not get their free gig. :D The pub had all seats and tables out, and loads of people were sitting there drinking, more than I have ever seen there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Heard good revews of it. Like every concert people will find something to moan about. Maybe they had their hearing aids at the wrong setting.:pac:

Thomond Park needs AC/DC with their cannons. The whole of Limerick would get a free gig out of it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭The Blonde One

The folks were there last night. They said it was really good, very enjoyable altogether. Believe you me, if my Ma could have found something to complain about, then she would have!! As for the sound...I could hear Rhythm of My Heart in Corbally (I think that was it anyways), so it couldn't have been too quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

I was there at the concert last night and we had a great time. The atmosphere on the pitch was fantastic, everyone singing and dancing and enjoying the night to the full!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

How big was the attendance?
    Did it sell out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭D-A-V-E

i was stewarding at both the elton john and rod steward concerts and believe me rod stewards was a LOT better! great weather, absolute sell out, perfect sound, great entertainer..elton john was sh*it in comparasin..dont know anyone who thought it was bad..general concensus is that everyone enjoyed it! was good to see it sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Parents and a few others I know were at it, all said it was a fantastic gig.

It couldn't be hear very far in comparison to the Elton gig though. I think that threw a lot of people off, I know lots of people who had BBQs with the idea of dancing away to his music last night. None of them could hear anything! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

i was at it, it was brilliant. i was standing and we had a savage time dancing and singing and the weather was perfect. aw it was brilliant..

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Limerick91

The wind blew from the different direction last night than the Elton John gig.

Could hear last nights gig clearly on the mill road, but could hear nothing during Elton

• Advertisement

I have been given the signed Rugby ball that he threw last night and asked to sell it on Ebay.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I have been given the signed Rugby ball that he threw last night and asked to sell it on Ebay.

I have that ball too :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Oooh, someone is telling lies then.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

He kicked at least 20 balls into the crowd so there are people with a signed ball now!! :p

ellieh1 wrote: »
    He kicked at least 20 balls into the crowd so there are people with a signed ball now!! :p

Did he? Oh well, I guess the person who wants me to sell it was just sensationalising it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

it could be the only rugby ball. it is usually soccer balls he kicks into the crowd.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

My in-laws where outside watching / listening to it outside. Seems they could see the big screen (well, the part that showed him from the chest up).

Quite a number of people out there with them too. Glasses of wine to be had etc. Not bad for nothing. :-)

it could be the only rugby ball. it is usually soccer balls he kicks into the crowd.

More likely a rugby ball on account of it being a Rugby stadium.

In saying that though the first soccer match is due for the 17th/24th October so maybe they are also stockpiling soccer balls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭D-A-V-E

More likely a rugby ball on account of it being a Rugby stadium.

In saying that though the first soccer match is due for the 17th/24th October so maybe they are also stockpiling soccer balls.

what matches are they? australia are playing ireland in soccer on the 12th of august and south africa later that month..are the others planned so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭claireloopy

My mother wouldnt stop ringing me during it

• Advertisement

D-A-V-E wrote: »
    what matches are they? australia are playing ireland in soccer on the 12th of august and south africa later that month..are the others planned so?

I was told they were in October. Your probably right because I know little to nothing about soccer.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

I was at the gig, not a big Rod fan, but I have to say he was excellent. Was standing on the pitch, managed to swap our seated West stand tickets outside and were delighted we did. We were only a few people back from the stage, had a great view, and he put on a brilliant show. Went with my mum who has always liked him and she enjoyed it immensely.
    I was at Elton John as well, there was no comparison between the two - Rod was miles better - but then again the weather this Saturday night was an awful lot better to say the least.

Oh, he kicked mostly soccer balls out to the crowd on Saturday night - didn't see a rugby ball but then again he may have.

It may be a soccer ball then because when my mother in law rang me to ask me she said

"Will you put that rugby ball up on E-mail?"
    "What do you mean e-mail?"
    "The thing you sell things on"
    "Oh......................Ebay"

Advertisement