Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QPark - Car Parking Rip Off in Dublin

Options
  • 05-07-2009 9:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

A word of warning to anyone planning to use car parks in Dublin city operated by Q-PARK. Instead of paying by the hour, they have introduced new pricing system charging per 15min.

The net result is an increase in the costs of parking for an hour from approximately €3.00 to €3.60 - a 20% increase! :mad: Nice move in the current economic climate.

The new pricing is advertised as a "July Special" in their facilities! Don't know which planet they inhabit, but it doesn't feel like a special to me.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,568 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

A word of warning to anyone planning to use car parks in Dublin city operated by Q-PARK. Instead of paying by the hour, they have introduced new pricing system charging per 15min.

The net result is an increase in the costs of parking for an hour from approximately €3.00 to €3.60 - a 20% increase! :mad: Nice move in the current economic climate.

The new pricing is advertised as a "July Special" in their facilities! Don't know which planet they inhabit, but it doesn't feel like a special to me.

Which card park, they have different prices for different ones in the city?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Im not sure I follow. Are you charged in 15 minute increments as opposed to hourly increments?

E.g. Lets assume its €4 p/h and you park for 45 minutes.
    old system: €4
    new sysetem: €3

Or am i getting it wrong?

Advertisement