Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Characters played by David Spade on TV

Options
  • 05-07-2009 4:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭

I went to make some 3:45am toast and flicked through the channels. When i saw "Rules of Engagement" listed, i thought i'd give it a go because i'd never watched it before.

David Spade's character was flirting with some hot girl who was more than happy to flirt back. He later talkd about "Nailing" girls left right and centre.

I had noticed before that this guy always plays a character (on TV)who is a bit of a player and who girls love as much as he loves them.

But this show seals the deal.

I really don't get it, surely no woman has ever had a conversation with her friends about sex symbols and had Brad Pitt, George Clooney and Johnny Depp followed by "Ya know who's a hotty? That short weird lookin guy David Spade"

Am i missing something?

(ps, Rules of Engagement was terrible)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

American's have perfected the flirt, to be fair to them. Even the dorkiest among them can do a reasonable job of it.
    It's probably got something to do with the 10 pints they haven't poured down their throats before they embark on scoring. I think maybe that's where we Irish go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

davyjose wrote: »
    American's have perfected the flirt, to be fair to them. Even the dorkiest among them can do a reasonable job of it.
    It's probably got something to do with the 10 pints they haven't poured down their throats before they embark on scoring. I think maybe that's where we Irish go wrong.

So if i give up the drink, become a dork, get shorter and blondie up my hair, girls will talk about me in the same breath as Brad Pitt?

Sweet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

MrStuffins wrote: »
    So if i give up the drink, become a dork, get shorter and blondie up my hair, girls will talk about me in the same breath as Brad Pitt?

Sweet!

No, but you might not be online at 4.30 a.m. :pac:

davyjose wrote: »
    No, but you might not be online at 4.30 a.m. :pac:

Unless i become a stud of such magnetude that i am "Nailing" girls all through the day and can only relax at 4:30?

Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

If you have seen the show I am pretty sure he is just a talker, dosn't actually get girls

• Advertisement

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    If you have seen the show I am pretty sure he is just a talker, dosn't actually get girls

Really?

In this episode he seemed to be doing fine.

But even before seeing Rules of Engagement it has always been something i couldnt put my finger on. He does play those kinds of roles

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭khmk

Every time I see him I think why did Chris Farley die ?

and why was Spade spared?

Superman moves in mysterious ways alright.

He's quite annoying alright!

Although i never had a soft spot for Farley either

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Yeah I don't know now as I don't watch it all the time but when I have seen it (Seen the episode you are talking about and he did get the girl) but pretty sure he dosn't usually.

He is quite funny though

*Ducks from flying garbage*

EDIT: Before anyone asks yes I was watching it and it is good.... I was watching it online (Damn lack of sleep) but megavideo is a bítch

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

The weirdest looking mutant in the world can keep my attention for at least a few minutes if he can run a bit of banter.

Food for thought, lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I went to make some 3:45am toast and flicked through the channels. When i saw "Rules of Engagement" listed, i thought i'd give it a go because i'd never watched it before.

David Spade's character was flirting with some hot girl who was more than happy to flirt back. He later talkd about "Nailing" girls left right and centre.

I had noticed before that this guy always plays a character (on TV)who is a bit of a player and who girls love as much as he loves them.

But this show seals the deal.

I really don't get it, surely no woman has ever had a conversation with her friends about sex symbols and had Brad Pitt, George Clooney and Johnny Depp followed by "Ya know who's a hotty? That short weird lookin guy David Spade"

Am i missing something?

(ps, Rules of Engagement was terrible)

Actually anytime ive seen him in anything its been him trying to flirt with women but them kinda disgusted with it and he rarely stands a chance with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

David Spade annoys me intensely.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I liked the Emperor's New Groove

He should just do voice over work because then nobody has to see him

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Here's the thing. It's not real.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Terry wrote: »
    Here's the thing. It's not real.
    Which Terry does David Spade play?
    Besides the fact you are a Mod, just noticed the other Terry has a full stop after their name. Confusion over.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

galwayrush wrote: »
    Which Terry does David Spade play?
    Besides the fact you are a Mod, just noticed the other Terry has a full stop after their name. Confusion over.:D
    Both Terry. and Terry, have been banned.

BTW, I'm on to the person behind those accounts. I'll get the evidence together later.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Terry wrote: »
    Both Terry. and Terry, have been banned.

BTW, I'm on to the person behind those accounts. I'll get the evidence together later.

Feck, i didn't realise there was a third.:eek:

Advertisement