Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mat Burn

Options
  • 04-07-2009 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

Alright so i'm practising a martial art the better part of seven years now and i've never ever had problems with friction burns but in the past few weeks i'm picking up burns from everything. Mats, pads, doboks you name it! I was wondering has anyone come across any way to strengthen the skin to avoid this?? I'm not new to the game and i've got no problem with scars but this is just getting ridiculous at this point.

Advice??:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Did they change there equipment?

if not its very strange as your skin should of got used to the friction type burns, leaving only 1 other possibility, have you changed your techniques or training type??

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Have you changed moisturiser, or detergent? Or are they cleaning the mats with a new detergent. Think of anything that could affect your skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

Are you dehydrated because of the recent heat? That can cause skin problems in my experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Clive wrote: »
    Are you dehydrated because of the recent heat? That can cause skin problems in my experience.

Wow!.

There's something worth considering!.

I'd consider my skin to be pretty well burn resistant at this stage but I've noticed in the last few weeks that I'm suffering mat burns to the tops of my toes & fingers.

I usually try stay hydrated during the day, esp. on training days but it might be worth considering upping my fluid intake.

Thanks.

Advertisement