Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiger Woods 10

Options
  • 04-07-2009 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭

So has anyone gotten Tiger Woods 10 on the Wii yet?

I'm thinking of picking it up tomorrow. Reviews are good and I am excited to see how it works with Motion Plus.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,363 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

got it yesterday with the motion plus.

It's great so far.

just as frustrating as real golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I've just bought it myself. Haven't played it yet as I'm watching the final of Wimbeldon.

Will play it shortly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

What's the story with the motion sensor? Are Nintendo/EA saying the normal controller is actually rubbish and it needs better sensors?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

AFAIK It was originally too expensive to include 1 to 1 motion controls within the wii-mote (as it has been in testing for years now) but since then prices have dropped and some games would benefit from the wii-mote exactly mirroring what the user was doing so they created the add on.

There is obviously the view that Nintendo are trying to make some more money ....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

So what control scheme are people using in this game?

I've started with the All-Play mode as the other two looked a bit overwhelming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Burial

Isn't Tiger Woods series becoming free soon? I think I remember reading about it in Kotaku....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

what does that mean, "becoming free"?

I played this today and I have to say it is absolutely excellent. The motion plus is brillaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Burial

Like free as in Battlefield Heroes free.

Read the first few line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Picked it up yesturday.

Its unbeliveable how much the motion plus adds to the game. As someone said its sometimes as frustrating as the real thing but as least its down to you now and not how the sensor bar picked up your movements.

Anybody else loving disc golf? I think its brilliant

kwestfan08 wrote: »
    Picked it up yesturday.

Its unbeliveable how much the motion plus adds to the game. As someone said its sometimes as frustrating as the real thing but as least its down to you now and not how the sensor bar picked up your movements.

Anybody else loving disc golf? I think its brilliant

What's the putting like? The last one was a bit unrealistic the way you had to putt ridiculously hard to get clost to 100% power, even though the putt was only 4 foot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

Hey,

So going to treat myself to this after my exams, can't wait! Anyone know where to get the Wii motion accessory and the game for a good price?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Eamo87

In gamestop you can get the both for 70 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Eamo87 wrote: »
    In gamestop you can get the both for 70 euro.

I thought they were sold as bundles for €60 tops?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Eamo87

You may be right. I havent been in there in a while tbh.

Jesus, 70 euro would be a lot. I was sure I saw on cdwow or somewhere that you could get both for 50 but cant find it now!

Great got it for 55 with the motion plus. Played one tournament and finished last at 16 over! Bloody awful.

Ok, can someone explain the skills aspect of it? Do I just increase the meter in a certain area once that becomes available or should I wait till I build up more points? What does it mean by usable points and and cost for the next level? After you play a tournament and it shows the points for each skills area you have achieved, are these added to your skills base straight away or are they added up straight away?

Phew! Thanks a mill, I'd really appreciate any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

Quint wrote: »
    What's the putting like? The last one was a bit unrealistic the way you had to putt ridiculously hard to get clost to 100% power, even though the putt was only 4 foot!

I too would like to hear whether they have sorted the putting out! It's completely ruined TW '09 for me, I just can 't get my head around the power required to sink a put. Full power for a 6 inch and 3/4 power for a 10 ft put depending on some seemingly unknown criteria.

Victor_M wrote: »
    I too would like to hear whether they have sorted the putting out! It's completely ruined TW '09 for me, I just can 't get my head around the power required to sink a put. Full power for a 6 inch and 3/4 power for a 10 ft put depending on some seemingly unknown criteria.

Yeah, it was a bit of a joke. To get 100% power for your 6 inch put you have to swing like you're teeing off with a driver. And it'd only be 95% power, so it would be underhit! I can't believe the testers played that and thought it was ok to release!
    I think the PS3 version with the analogue sticks will be better

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

Putting seems pretty good and natural when using the motion plus. You can get a good feel for the power needed. I dont know about 9 but in 10 with the motion plus - your putting bar has backswing and front power. Ive never hit or gone near 100% for putting.

@Beau - the skills points can be used after a tournament (once you have a character and are playing career). As far as I remember on the career main page - you can see your character - there is a button at the bottom for allocation your skill points to the different attributes (power,putting,luck,etc)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 therogue

putting is far easier with motion plus on tw 10, its a bar like 25% 50% 75% 100% thought you can pull and push your putts as well as your iron shots so the long game is tougher imo. ps beau +16 i can only dream about shooting that low lol

• Advertisement

therogue wrote: »
    +16 i can only dream about shooting that low lol

hehe, I've improved signifigantly from that! I'd recommend everyone starting off doing all the easy tournament challenges. It gives you great practice and if you mess up you can just try again, plus it increases your skills a hell of a lot very quickly. One of the easiest courses I've tried so far is St.Andrew's, getting -10s and winning tournaments there. I really struggle with any course that has water! Its like my ball is just attracted to it! Loving the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Finally picked this up this evening. Looking forward to playing it tonight, its got some great reviews.

Managed to get it with motion plus for €45 too by trading in TW09. :)

Advertisement