If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

22" LCD - LG or Samsung question...

Options
  • 04-07-2009 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Looking for a 22" LCD for the bedroom used only for watching SKY SD. Have been looking at the LG M227WD, very impressive specs but the sound is not supposed to be very good. Would I be better off looking at a Samsung model instead as I believe they have a better reputation. Can you recommend any other models that I should consider?

I have seen that most 22" LCD's seem to come with 2x3w speakers. Are they enough for descent TV sound without using external speakers/amp?

Thanks
    ~livEwirE~

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

most 22" lcd wont have excellent speakers, although samsung 22" are very good. its always a good option to get some seperate speakers for your set up.

The lg M227wd does have some great specs for the screen itself. i would suggest setting up 2.1 speakers seperate for better sound.

that being said im sure the lg m227wd speakers are fine for bedroom use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

Cheers Thor for the 'sound' advice:D

• Company Representative Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Thanks for the posts guys and yes I agree that most small screen TV's have pretty poor audio quality however some of the LG's don't sound bad at all.

The LG22LG3050 at £249.95 sounds pretty good and the 227 is not too bad either - as a personal opinion I would say that Samsung Audio quality in general is not too bad anymore however the volume levels that you appear to get from most Sammys in comparison to LG/Philips and others is quite low.

Anyway please drop me a line if I can assist on any of these models and again, thanks for the posts,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.