Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mint condition £10 note, year 1999

Options
  • 04-07-2009 2:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hey. I found this in a book when clearing out clutter for my mother at her house. She had food ranging from about the same time! Is the note worth anything at all does anyone know?

Thanks, Garion.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

probably only worth maybe €15 ... I could be wrong..... its only 10yrs old...keep it hidden for about another 50-60years and it'll double or treble in price :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

you could bring it to the bank..... or sell it with a 15 euro start price (because its worth 12.70)

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Anthony O Brien

Put it on ebay, if it is in mint condition you should get 20-25 for it, this os the most you'll get for it as a dealer will only pay you a little over face value and the central bank will give you face value 12.70

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭gaza123

Mousey- wrote: »
    you could bring it to the bank..... or sell it with a 15 euro start price (because its worth 12.70)

Actually it's not legal tender any more, there was a deadline a few years ago. You can't bring your money to the bank and get it exchanged now. How did you miss that? It was on all the tv and radio stations. Only way to make anything from it is if it's in any way antique. Which by the sounds of it it's not.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

gaza123 wrote: »
    Actually it's not legal tender any more, there was a deadline a few years ago. You can't bring your money to the bank and get it exchanged now. How did you miss that? It was on all the tv and radio stations. Only way to make anything from it is if it's in any way antique. Which by the sounds of it it's not.

You are very wrong there. I exchanged notes only a few months ago. There is no deadline set.

Best would be to do what Anthony O Brien said.

• Advertisement

Blade wrote: »
    You are very wrong there. I exchanged notes only a few months ago. There is no deadline set.

Best would be to do what Anthony O Brien said.

Are you sure? I've been told it's too late. And I remember ads on the tv to that effect. You're saying you can trade in Irish pounds in the bank for the same exchange rate that was set?

Are you sure? I've been told it's too late. And I remember ads on the tv to that effect. You're saying you can trade in Irish pounds in the bank for the same exchange rate that was set?

It appears I'm wrong. Just decided to do a little reading. Irish pounds were given an indefinate time for exchange for euro. Perhaps it was the ad for the date when it ceased to be legal tender that I and people who advised me were talking about.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

It appears I'm wrong. Just decided to do a little reading. Irish pounds were given an indefinate time for exchange for euro. Perhaps it was the ad for the date when it ceased to be legal tender that I and people who advised me were talking about.

Normal banks like AIB and BOI had a deadline cause presumably they didn't want to be handling this forever and not get paid for it. But you can still go to the central bank on Dame st.

Advertisement