Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paranormal investigation

Options
  • 04-07-2009 2:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Ive always been really interested in going to a paranormal investigation or spending the night in a haunted location. any ideas can this be done? If it can how much does it cost?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 banky

oh i found this site Ghost Hunt Ireland wonder if there any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

banky wrote: »
    oh i found this site Ghost Hunt Ireland wonder if there any good?

The gang here run investigations or contact Mark in this link

http://www.paranormal.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

no disrespect to the OP intended, but I can never fathom out why people are willing to pay to go on an investigation.

iamhunted wrote: »
    no disrespect to the OP intended, but I can never fathom out why people are willing to pay to go on an investigation.

Same son people get on a rollercoaster. It doesnt actually bring you anywere but they do it for the thrill .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 banky

I just think it would be something different to do with friends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭feelio

I done a ghost hunt with the in march at ross castle, was a good night ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭feelio

I was wondring if anyone knows people in the above areas who are interested in the paranormal to set a group to do small investigaions as i am a keen paranormal enthuasiast. I have done an investigations before but cost a few €€€ so would like to some of my own free of charge with people that would like to join me in the west.

any takers?

feelio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

6th and the boys do open investigations on here - I'd say one of those investigations would be the best shot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 shaggie dog

feelio wrote: »
    i have done a night with ghosthunt ireland in ross 2 years ago and ithink it was money well spent it was my first ghost hunt and did not know what to do or expect the team were great they gave us a tour of ross with lights on so we knew were we could go later they gave us agreat meal and plenty of it which set me up for the night i was hungry when i got their and there is not much around chipper e.t.c after meal we had glass of wine which they supplyed we were given any type of equipment we wanted,night scopes .camcorders emf meters lazerguided temp guns etc only thing asked to do was return to table when finished no mention about not breaking etc a big risk for them these are not cheap all tapes we used we were told we could keep and if got any thing just to let them know for what i got on the night it was great they looked after everyone and a good invistigation was held by us (guests) and ther team i have done more nights since with friends in different places on our own and with othersgroups dont slate about price u get whatyou pay for any good venue has to be payed for as you know they work hard on night you can go into graveyard for nothing if thats what you want to do. i have spoken to g.h.i about other locations but good places cost money and you have to pay to get inas a group i read your comment ;you were caught with €140 was not fair to them. too much back stabbing about groups. everyone can do their own thing, the thing is we are all happy with what we do

feelio wrote: »
    i have done a night with ghosthunt ireland in ross 2 years ago and ithink it was money well spent it was my first ghost hunt and did not know what to do or expect the team were great they gave us a tour of ross with lights on so we knew were we could go later they gave us agreat meal and plenty of it which set me up for the night i was hungry when i got their and there is not much around chipper e.t.c after meal we had glass of wine which they supplyed we were given any type of equipment we wanted,night scopes .camcorders emf meters lazerguided temp guns etc only thing asked to do was return to table when finished no mention about not breaking etc a big risk for them these are not cheap all tapes we used we were told we could keep and if got any thing just to let them know for what i got on the night it was great they looked after everyone and a good invistigation was held by us (guests) and ther team i have done more nights since with friends in different places on our own and with othersgroups dont slate about price u get whatyou pay for any good venue has to be payed for as you know they work hard on night you can go into graveyard for nothing if thats what you want to do. i have spoken to g.h.i about other locations but good places cost money and you have to pay to get inas a group i read your comment ;you were caught with €140 was not fair to them. too much back stabbing about groups. everyone can do their own thing, the thing is we are all happy with what we do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Im assuming your part of a group judging by the last sentence of your post. Ghost Hunt Ireland do indeed run very good tours at a price of 140 euro per night however there are many groups that would take you to Ross for 60 euro a night. The way Ross works is that you book the place for 10 people min, 600 euro per night with another 60 euro per person extra after that. Charleville costs 50 euro per person or 450 per night for the venue as far as I remember. These are the minimum costs to any group going. Most groups bring people along on "open" investigations where only costs are covered. PRAOI are running one on the 5th at cost which seems like good value for such a high profile and established group.

Im not having a dig at Ghost Hunt Ireland at all in this thread, from what I have heard their investigations are very good however many other groups offer the same event in the same location for a fraction of the cost.

I dont think there is any backstabbing going on in the community against Ghost Hunt Ireland so your comment confuses me.

Regards
    G

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ruth KPS

[FONT=&quot]Firstly, I have not been on an investigation with Ghost Hunt Ireland, however, I have spoken to people who have worked with them and been on their tours etc and have never heard anything bad been said about them and I have heard that their investigation's are very good.

However, I feel €140 is an awful lot of money, team's do, do these investigations for almost half that.

There are certain places that charge and some of these places should charge such as Charleville..it is the most fantastic castle, and all money goes into the resoration of the castle and that money should be used for that, as it is beautiful and would be a shame to lose it.

The team I am with are doing an investigation in Ross Castle in Cavan on December 19th..there is a charge for it, which there always is with Ross Castle and many other places.There is a €65.00 charge for this for 10 people.

[/FONT]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Traze

See my post open investigation with PRAI

thanks to all who replyed i was not saying that the back stabing was directed at g.h.i but to groups in general ,i am not a member of ghi just me and some friends do our own thing in the west all iwant to say was all groups offer different things i have done the camp out ones which cost less but you have equip your self with all the bits and even with this it still costs some few bob to do so , to ruth best of luck on 19th in ross ihope you have agood night as i wish too all groups out their doing their thing some people think we are mad when you tell them about our hobby all iam saying we should not be mad with each other and other groups iwish you all the best and

Advertisement