Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could Limerick win the Munster Final (football)

Options
  • 04-07-2009 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

Do you think that Limerick could cause an upset and beat Cork to claim a Munster Football title?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭allimac

Why not?Upsets happen in sport all the time and Limerick beating Cork wouldn't be the biggest ever seeing as they had them beat after 69 minutes last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

If Cork listen to what the media have been saying about them, then Limerick will beat them. If they have kept their heads down and ignored the hype, then they should beat Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Yeah would agree that Cork should win, they should have the better team and squad, and should be too much for Limerick.

But they also have more pressure on them than Limerick. If Limerick get beaten, nobody will bat an eyelid as it is expected, Cork on the other hand are expected to win, so if Limerick can stay with them with a few minutes to go, then who knows.

I would say if they were to meet ten times in a row that Cork would win eight of the ten, let's just hope that Sunday has it going the way of the two out of ten. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

sure why not we should have beaten cork last year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭Browney7

What annoys me the most is that the national media know SFA about this team. People are saying we struggled against clare but the truth is is that we never really looked like losing that day. I think Cork might be peaking too early and if John Galvin gets on top in midfield I think we have a right good chance. Still don't think we will win though

Browney7 wrote: »
    What annoys me the most is that the national media know SFA about this team. People are saying we struggled against clare but the truth is is that we never really looked like losing that day. I think Cork might be peaking too early and if John Galvin gets on top in midfield I think we have a right good chance. Still don't think we will win though
    You're bang on there Browney, the media does know little about us. I think we're a bottom half Division 2 side in terms of footballing ability. Only Down were better than us in Div 3 this year. We didn't even get out of third gear against Clare, we played below average and still won pulling up. There is always at least one good performance in Limerick every year, we have yet to give that performance and i feel tomorrow will be it. Whether it will be enough i dont know. But our guys should be absolutely bursting their nuts tomorrow to win every ball. Cork win Munster every second year, their hunger should be nowhere near as much as ours. I hope to god they can do it.

You're bang on there Browney, the media does know little about us. I think we're a bottom half Division 2 side in terms of footballing ability. Only Down were better than us in Div 3 this year. We didn't even get out of third gear against Clare, we played below average and still won pulling up. There is always at least one good performance in Limerick every year, we have yet to give that performance and i feel tomorrow will be it. Whether it will be enough i dont know. But our guys should be absolutely bursting their nuts tomorrow to win every ball. Cork win Munster every second year, their hunger should be nowhere near as much as ours. I hope to god they can do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Pikasso

Grenache must have been having little 'Ground Hog Day' moments late last night! LOL To be sure, to be sure, to be sure :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement