Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bypassing endless phone menus

Options
  • 04-07-2009 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭

I remember being told there's a trick to bypassing the endless " if you want x, dial 1..." menus and getting straight through to a real person. But I've forgotten it. It was something like hold down 0 or hash or something. Anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

* * * * * * 9 1 3 5 3 4 ######

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

Depends entirely on who you're calling.

Example, if you're calling eircom 1901 just say 'agent' at any time during the menu it should put you straight through to an agent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Heard that too but don't know the code(s).
    Could be just an urban myth.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Cool. Bookmarked for future ref.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Great website but nothing from Ireland. It was Vodafone - I was trying to get hold of a human to sort out my elderly parents phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

at a glance, no irish companys on there, well, no O2, eircom, ESB

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

irish-stew wrote: »
    at a glance, no irish companys on there, well, no O2, eircom, ESB

Next time you contact any of those companies, ask them what the code is to speak directly to a human. You can then add it to the site so that others can benefit from it

I used it quite a few times when I lived in the States. It would e nice to have a page for Irish companies though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

I remember being told there's a trick to bypassing the endless " if you want x, dial 1..." menus and getting straight through to a real person. But I've forgotten it. It was something like hold down 0 or hash or something. Anyone know?

It depends onhe telephone system that the company is using.
    The problem is that you do not know what system they are using, so you will not know which option will work.

If you know what system they are using, and know a bit about the system, there are all sorts of fun options available - such as, if you go to voicemail, there are ways to get your call routed back to the switchboard. This one always gets the switchboard operator.

Advertisement