Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 Year subs to Astraweb Unlimited DSL Usenet for $96 ($8 a month)

Options
  • 03-07-2009 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,602 ✭✭✭✭

Following on from their $11 a month deal posted here a while back http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055514225&highlight=astraweb Astraweb have a new deal which is even better.
    They are now offering annual subscriptions to their unlimited dsl plan for an amazing $96, which is equivalent to $8 a month
    For that little amount you get:

* SSL Connections
    * No Speed Limits
    * No Download Limit
    * 20 Connections
    * Currently 315 days retention, but being upgraded to 365

This offer is only available for 2 weeks until 18th of July, so what you waiting for if you aint already signed up with them with the deal they have already, now you got no excuse

http://www.news.astraweb.com/specials/96-yearly.html

If you are already on the $11 deal you can switch to this one and they will refund you the difference.;)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Sweet. A great deal just got even better. How do you switch to the new deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,602 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Sweet. A great deal just got even better. How do you switch to the new deal?

How do I upgrade to the $96/Year Special?
    Article If you would like to upgrade your account, please signup again for your new account on our website for the special:

http://www.news.astraweb.com/specials/96-yearly.html

Select a payment method, and make payment for the account.

When prompted for your username/password, do not proceed. Instead, email us your new order number and username and we will convert your account. A pro-rated refund will be issued on your previous order.

You will be billed $96 immediately. A refund will be issued for the unused time from your most recent rebilling.

Email us using the Helpdesk at: http://helpdesk.astraweb.com

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Cheers man.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

What is this thing for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

They have also updated their 25 dollar pay per download pack to 180gb,so if you download less than 57.6gb p/m, this is the way to go.

It also supports up to 50 connections and ssl aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,602 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

They have also updated their 25 dollar pay per download pack to 180gb,so if you download less than 57.6gb p/m, this is the way to go.

It also supports up to 50 connections and ssl aswell.

Thats a bloody good deal,60Gb per month is alot in Ireland considering most of the ISP providers cap the download limits

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

For anyone using newzbin, there are some excellent greasemonkey scripts here - http://userscripts.org/scripts/search?q=newzbin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Be sure to pay in US dollars (click US flag at the top), because they're charging €72.56 in Euros, $96 is currently €68.55 in Euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Lads what do you get for this? What is it used for? Can anyone explain?

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Lads what do you get for this? What is it used for? Can anyone explain?

http://shsc.info/NewsGroups

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Guys i have been with newshosting for the past three years.

I am a bit confused about the "DSL" bit in the offer.

I assume that if one is on a cable internet connection it is ok?:o:)

moonboy52 wrote: »
    Guys i have been with newshosting for the past three years.

I am a bit confused about the "DSL" bit in the offer.

I assume that if one is on a cable internet connection it is ok?:o:)

It's just the name of the package. Your type of internet connection doesn't matter a jot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭blobert

Thanks, just signed up. Already a customer but this makes things cheaper:)

wow it sounds great :)

I'll have to remember this when I get home in September, hopefully the deal will be as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭teejay

Cheers OP - that is a great deal. Waaaay cheaper than powerusenet who I had been using :)

are there any boardies who have previously been on newshosting and transferred to astraweb?

Any noticable difference in speeds / incompletes etc?

It certainly is a good deal but need some reassurance :o before signing up for a whole year.

Cheers Guys

moonboy52 wrote: »
    are there any boardies who have previously been on newshosting and transferred to astraweb?

Any noticable difference in speeds / incompletes etc?

It certainly is a good deal but need some reassurance :o before signing up for a whole year.

Cheers Guys

I moved from rapidshare (it's not a newshosting site) to astraweb and never had any problems with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭omega42

I moved to astraweb from giganews and have to say that find no difference at all

Good to know. Cheers guys. I still use rapidshare as a 3 month sub is cheap as chips

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

omega42 wrote: »
    I moved to astraweb from giganews and have to say that find no difference at all

Is there any difference in download speeds? From reading their pages it seems like gigganews have a download accelorator

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭johnnyboy4711

how in the name of sweet jesus do you set this up ?
    with sabnzb and all that other jargon!
    anyone got a step by step for dummies?
    thanks
    john

Advertisement