Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 3g with Os 3.0 running with Push Notification

Options
  • 03-07-2009 8:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Hi,

Anyone out there in Ireland or the U.K. get an unlocked iphone 3g running with UltraSn0w and with runnable push notification ?? Those who use the ultrasn0w hack cannot get push notification to work according to posts from BigBoss.
    This link ( http://thebigboss.org/2009/07/03/iphone-3gs-geohot-jailbreak-posted/ ) posts a solution to get iphone 3g with ultrasn0w running with push notification, the trick is to use a valid ATT sim card during the process. Just wondering has anyone tried this procedure with a valid o2 sim card? I might try the procedure next week with a friends o2 sim card when he returns from holidays.

I have a iphone 3g with 3.0 os with UltraSn0w running on the 3 ( three.ie ) carrier with MMS in Ireland and runs very well so far, be even better if push notification worked.

On a different question i am traveling to the USA ( New York and L.A. ) for 6 weeks, just wondering if anyone out there knows if ATT or T-Mobile or any U.S. carrier does a prepaid sim card that also comes with data, similar to 3 here in Ireland where you pay 10 euro for 1 gig per month for data access. Or if anyone has experience traveling to the U.S.A. using a U.S. prepaid sim card with a data package?

Anyone any thoughts be a great help.

thanks.
    Turbo.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭RAWLiNGS

Turbo33 wrote: »
    Hi,

Anyone out there in Ireland or the U.K. get an unlocked iphone 3g running with UltraSn0w and with runnable push notification ?? Those who use the ultrasn0w hack cannot get push notification to work according to posts from BigBoss.
    This link ( http://thebigboss.org/2009/07/03/iphone-3gs-geohot-jailbreak-posted/ ) posts a solution to get iphone 3g with ultrasn0w running with push notification, the trick is to use a valid ATT sim card during the process. Just wondering has anyone tried this procedure with a valid o2 sim card? I might try the procedure next week with a friends o2 sim card when he returns from holidays.

I have a iphone 3g with 3.0 os with UltraSn0w running on the 3 ( three.ie ) carrier with MMS in Ireland and runs very well so far, be even better if push notification worked.

On a different question i am traveling to the USA ( New York and L.A. ) for 6 weeks, just wondering if anyone out there knows if ATT or T-Mobile or any U.S. carrier does a prepaid sim card that also comes with data, similar to 3 here in Ireland where you pay 10 euro for 1 gig per month for data access. Or if anyone has experience traveling to the U.S.A. using a U.S. prepaid sim card with a data package?

Anyone any thoughts be a great help.

thanks.
    Turbo.

It's working for me, and I did it this way;

Insert you original o2 sim.
    Restore iphone -full restore- via itunes
    Connect to itunes, will activate automatically, then set it up as new phone via itunes NO BACKUP... after that, jailbreak using redsnow.. unlock etc...

you have to use the original sim which came with the phone (I mean any sim from the carrier should do it)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭vinnycoyne

Just wondering has anyone tried this procedure with a valid o2 sim card? I might try the procedure next week with a friends o2 sim card when he returns from holidays.

You can pick up a free o2 SIM from here: http://freesims.ie/

Handy to have if you need to reactivate again.

If your iPhone is an o2.ie one, restoring to 3.0 with the o2.ie SIM will allow you to activate.

Then do whatever you need to do to jailbreak, install Cydia, and run ultrasn0w to unlock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Turbo33

Thanks Rawlings,

When I got my iphone 3g from o2 in the north i used up my credit from the o2 sim card and I dumped the o2 sim card since i went to 3 network, which was silly of me.

Since you mentioned any o2 sim card will do, my dad has an o2 sim card on his nokia phone, i wonder will this work or does it have to be a sim card from a iphone... surely there is no differences in sim cards from an nokia vs an iphone sim card.

cheers
    T.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Turbo33

You can pick up a free o2 SIM from here: http://freesims.ie/

Handy to have if you need to reactivate again.

If your iPhone is an o2.ie one, restoring to 3.0 with the o2.ie SIM will allow you to activate.

Then do whatever you need to do to jailbreak, install Cydia, and run ultrasn0w to unlock.

cheers, I just ordered one... very handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭RAWLiNGS

Thanks Rawlings,

When I got my iphone 3g from o2 in the north i used up my credit from the o2 sim card and I dumped the o2 sim card since i went to 3 network, which was silly of me.

Since you mentioned any o2 sim card will do, my dad has an o2 sim card on his nokia phone, i wonder will this work or does it have to be a sim card from a iphone... surely there is no differences in sim cards from an nokia vs an iphone sim card.

cheers
    T.

OKAY, If this phone was bought in NI, then most likely you will need an o2 sim from NI. If you buy something from o2 UK that will not work with your phone locked to o2 Ireland, they are two diff companies in two diff countries. You can always try It, will do no harm, but I doubt it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement