Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Monitors - Up to 20% off for month of July (plus free shipping)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭logger

basquille wrote: »

So does that mean, you did without the hdmi input in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,840 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I did indeed.. I can live without the HDMI to be honest.

My Xbox uses a HD VGA connection, and my Mac Mini uses DVI. HDMI would be a plus, but not essential.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,524 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

does anyone know how long those deals will last .i could do with a new monitor but a bit strapped at the moment

yabadabado wrote:
    does anyone know how long those deals will last .i could do with a new monitor but a bit strapped at the moment
    29th July..

I'm gonna put these offers in a new thread actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

Anywhere doing offers on desktops without a monitor at the moment? Would be nice to mix and match!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

logger wrote: »
    So does that mean, you did without the hdmi input in the end?

some serious cheap monitors there.

hide my credit card!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

http://ireland.dell.com/content/topics/topic.aspx/emea/topics/epp/epp?c=ie&l=en&cs=ieepp1

Get another 3% off when yea use the Employee Purchase Program (€5.15 when looking at the Dell S2409W)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Just ordered the 24 incher.
    Cheap as chips :D

Thanks for the heads up mate

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭steve 0

€20 more for a 24" with 2ms as an alternative to the Dell 22"
    Acer 24" widescreen V243HBD Full HD - €188.38 (incl VAT & Shipping)
    Good reviews on the UK site http://www.dabs.com/ProductReviews.aspx?Quicklinx=5J1Y

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭brosna

also: For anybody who is considering a large purchase from Dell there is a 10% off code.
    "10% Off Studio,Inspiron and XPS orders over EUR899
    from Thursday 2nd July 2009 to Wednesday 8th July inclusive.
    Code: KRZHSR9WFP4DL?. "

Also a nice laptop for €329.

More details in this blog.

http://irishdeals.blogspot.com/2009/07/two-deals-in-1-here-at-dell.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭samsamson

Anyone hooked a PS3 up to the Dell or Acer 24" monitors?

They're both 16:9 and full HD so there shouldn't be any stretching of the picture should there? It'll just fill the screen perfectly?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

samsamson wrote: »
    Anyone hooked a PS3 up to the Dell or Acer 24" monitors?

They're both 16:9 and full HD so there shouldn't be any stretching of the picture should there? It'll just fill the screen perfectly?

So long as the resolution of the monitor is 1920 x 1080, there should be no stretching when connecting a PS3 set to 1920 x 1080.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,313 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

hey, i got a 21" tv and 19" crt pc monitor in my room and looking to replace with one reasonable monitor. can any of these monitors accept a normal analog tv reception or is that a very stupid question? im guessing the tv tuner route is digital only???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭Sappy404

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    hey, i got a 21" tv and 19" crt pc monitor in my room and looking to replace with one reasonable monitor. can any of these monitors accept a normal analog tv reception or is that a very stupid question? im guessing the tv tuner route is digital only???

I got a Dell monitor (S2309W) and wanted to hook up my digibox via a SCART to VGA Adapter. I bought one on ebay, and no joy. Same with a mate of mine who has a similar Dell monitor and he bought a cable off a different seller.

There was a warning on the auction page:
    Not suitable for monitors designed solely for computer use. (The input screen must support a horizontal scan rate of 15.625KHz- MOST projectors, plasma and LCD panels do whereas CRT monitors dont). Please check with your equipment manual for suitability.

...so I guess that's what you need to check for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Fergster

Gotta get one of these :)

i am going to buy one of these next week ,i just have a quick question.is there much difference between the two 20" monitor?is there any point in going for the dearer one?

Nah.. don't think so.

Recieved my 22" inch... superb!

Have it connected to my Mac Mini now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Nah.. don't think so.

Glad to hear you've finally got a new monitor. ;)

Nah.. don't think so.

basquille ,was that a reply to my question?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

yabadabado wrote: »
    i am going to buy one of these next week ,i just have a quick question.is there much difference between the two 20" monitor?is there any point in going for the dearer one?

The dearer one has a hdmi connection as well as the vga.

I got the cheaper one last month (when it was €143 :() and am very satisfied with it.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement

yabadabado wrote: »
    basquille ,was that a reply to my question?
    Twas indeed. But I asked the same question in the Dell Firesale thread and someone thought the only difference was the brightness ratio as far as I can remember.
    Do-more wrote: »
    The dearer one has a hdmi connection as well as the vga.
    That wasn't quoted in the specs - that one has HDMI and one didn't, was it?

Must put up a video later of my new set-up.. it's the computer desk from Littlewoods, Dell 22" Monitor hooked up to both my Mac Mini and Xbox 360 with an excellent 2.1 sound system (Logitech X-230). The reason I didn't go for the 5.1 is wasn't much point with the Mac Mini.

That wasn't quoted in the specs - that one has HDMI and one didn't, was it?

No, it's not listed on the specs but if you download the manuals (I posted a link in the "Fire sale" thread at the time) from the Dell website it's clearly shown there. If you're still not convinced then a call to Dell sales should get confirmation...

invest4deepvalue.com

If you're still not convinced then a call to Dell sales should get confirmation...
    Nah.. I believe you.

I just remember asking and thinking their specs were identical.. as I was sure I would have spotted an additional HDMI port being in there.

Sorry, to correct myself it's a DVI connection not HDMI but close enough.

The dearer one also has contrast/brightness etc. buttons on the corner of the screen the cheaper one only has a power button.

invest4deepvalue.com

Ahh yes.. I remember that now.

That was the one thing stopping me ordering the cheaper one.. I was unsure if it had the DVI connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

The dearer one also has contrast/brightness etc. buttons on the corner of the screen the cheaper one only has a power button.

Both monitors have function keys on them.

Burgo wrote: »
    Both monitors have function keys on them.

Nope I have the IN2010N and it only has a power button on it.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Nope I have the IN2010N and it only has a power button on it.

really?:confused:
    i had a look at the documentation and it says that there are keys on it.

Anyway i take your word for it :pac:

so guys its better to go with the €119?dont need anything fancy i will only use it a few times a week but the old one is on its last legs.its only 12 quid more

• Advertisement

yabadabado wrote:
    so guys its better to go with the €119?dont need anything fancy i will only use it a few times a week but the old one is on its last legs.its only 12 quid more
    Suppose so.. but if the DVI connection is the only difference and you aren't using DVI (I presume you're using a VGA connection), save the €12 I say.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement