Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation panic

Options
  • 03-07-2009 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

so i haven't booked anything along the lines of accomodation yet and i'll be going to UCC.
    is it stupid to leave it until the points come out to book anything especially when its UCC???? cause unno...i am hoping for sumthing half way desent anyway...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

For UCC (and UL... and NUI Galway I think. And probably many other places) you're meant to have booked and put down a deposit for campus accomodation already, so you may not get that...
    But you'll surely be able to rent a house, or get into a house with another group of people, there'll always be something.

For UCD and Trinity, you don't apply for accomodation until after the offers.

Really hoping I'll get Dublin, because otherwise it'll be Galway for me, and I've nothing booked.
    Also, I know nobody there and it's a good 8hour commute away or something, so I'll be pretty screwed.
    I'm sure I'll find somewhere like, it'd just make life so much easier to get Dublinland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

No idea TBH. Would they take booking before you have been offered a place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

UCC campus accomadation is pretty steep and some of it is pretty crap. You have piles of options tho, a lot of people will have pre-booked and end up missing their points.

As a first year i'd probably say Victoria Lodge would be good for a bit of craic, Brookfield Apartments are terrible but the grounds and lawns etc are class and it can be great fun. Vic Mills are VERY strict at times, not a big fan of Farrenlea, University Hall is pretty decent aswell.

I'd advise staying on the Mardyke side of college aswell a lot of the private houses on College Rd, Bandon Road, Barrack Street, Glasheen etc are horrible rat infested holes!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

don't worry, that's what i am doing

my 1st - 4th opinions are in different places , i really didn't fancy book 4 different ones ...:D you will find a place , don't worry

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fince

~Candy~ wrote: »
    don't worry, that's what i am doing

my 1st - 4th opinions are in different places , i really didn't fancy book 4 different ones ...:D you will find a place , don't worry

i like the cut of your jib

• Advertisement
Advertisement