Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Browser Warfare!

Options
  • 03-07-2009 4:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭

So I've been using Firefox 3.5 for a bit now and it's getting VERRRRY laggy and at times unresponsive (my machine only has 1.5 Gigs RAM). And when checking the task manager it's taking up to half a gig!!!

I've moved on to SRWares Iron (Chrome copy with a tinfoil hat. IE no unique Google ID when installed) and have to say it's a lot faster.

Are my claims bull or does anyone know of any FF memory tweaks in the about:config?

Cheers.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭conchubhar1

task manager - you are using windows
    problem found

----
    i am not bashing on windows - but it isnt neccessarily a ff problem

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

task manager - you are using windows
    problem found

----
    i am not bashing on windows - but it isnt neccessarily a ff problem
    He's found chrome to be much faster so clearly it isn't a windows problem otherwise chrome would be slow too.

@Chin grin - I'm not all that impressed with firefox 3.5. I heard it's meant to be faster than 3.0 but I think it may actually be slower. Really tempted to go back to chrome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭conchubhar1

well i have windows xp with half a gig and i updated to firefox 3.5 today - works good-ish

works perfect on my macbook

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

2 gigs here plus virtual ram firefox is as smooth as ever if not more shiny.

:cool:

Advertisement