Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Bruno USB memory stick with the news of the world

Options
  • 03-07-2009 4:12pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

bruno_280_3006v2_47252a.jpgbruno_280_3006_47221b.jpg

Free usb memory stick with sundays irish news of the world.
    News of the World readers will be among the first to see content from the most outrageous, must-see movie of 2009, as our USB contains TWO exclusive clips from the film, an interview with our very own film expert Robbie Collin and downloads such as a ringtone and screensaver.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Is it actually with the paper this time, or is another of those send off and pay postage and packaging type deals?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭JohnnyChimpo

size?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Ron DMC wrote: »
    Is it actually with the paper this time, or is another of those send off and pay postage and packaging type deals?

Voucher in the paper, and go to a store to redeem. Often easons or dunnes.

size?

possibly only 128MB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭conchubhar1

i have plenty of mem sticks

but its free, so even if its only 128 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Its actually have to go to Super Valu to get it, for this deal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Makes a change if it is collect from SuperValu rather than the ones you send away for, usually from:

http://www.freebiegifts.co.uk/

which aren't bad, but the p and p makes them look less appealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

*cough*, if that silver bit is metal, the tiniest amount of white label Cif rubbed on very gently will remove the logo.

I also sometimes use white spirit or Nitromors, to remove logos from metal and alloy surfaces.

You may fit Damn Small Linux on this, or have a USB key full of portable apps, or boot Darik's Boot & Nuke, Acronis True Image etc..

Small doesn't mean lack of options or useability.

Amalgam wrote: »
    *cough*, if that silver bit is metal, the tiniest amount of white label Cif rubbed on very gently will remove the logo.

You may fit Damn Small Linux on this, or have a USB key full of portable apps, or boot Darik's Boot & Nuke, Acronis True Image etc..

Small doesn't mean lack of options or useability.

Or you could remove the shell completely and make one of these bad boy Lego usbs

I have two waiting to be Lego'd. I just need the 8 dot rectangular flatpieces, which I don't have. I might end up hollowing out a brick.

:D

Amalgam wrote: »
    I have two waiting to be Lego'd. I just need the 8 dot rectangular flatpieces, which I don't have. I might end up hollowing out a brick.

:D

It's worth it. And let us know in the Lego forum how you get on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Memory stick or not, im not going to be getting the NOTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Davy wrote: »
    Voucher in the paper, and go to a store to redeem. Often easons or dunnes.

possibly only 128MB

64 actually :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

64 actually :mad:

really?

where you see that?

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

if it's 64 or even 128MB it's worthless.

plus do you really wanna be carrying around something with a News of the World logo on it?

Umm..

There's loads of utilities that will boot happily from a 32MB stick. The logo can be removed.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,107 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Only problem is those drives are shit slow...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Davy wrote: »
    really?

where you see that?

I was given one by a who does a newspaper pub run on Saturday evenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 robing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

128Mb is pretty small considering it's a cheap as chips Chinese make, I've had a few of the same one in 1Gb for free from drug reps. A little bit of t-cut or even toothpaste and the logo comes right off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭denat

128Mb is pretty small considering it's a cheap as chips Chinese make, I've had a few of the same one in 1Gb for free from drug reps.

Expect fewer of these freebies as the government and, hence, taxpayer, realises that they've been paying for this sh1t for years. Pharmacists and doctors were the main beneficiaries but lesser people in the food chain often benefitted too.

35% cut in state fees to pharmacists is a good start.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

I believe it's pronounced "U esh bee shtick" :D

Great ad

denat wrote: »
    Expect fewer of these freebies as the government and, hence, taxpayer, realises that they've been paying for this sh1t for years. Pharmacists and doctors were the main beneficiaries but lesser people in the food chain often benefitted too.

Oh come on.. It is the drug company rep. passing out the equivalent of what used to be a branded notepad in the past.. now a small USB fob. It is on the drug manufacturer's watch, what they decide to pass out. Sod all to do with the Government.

I'm just.. flabbergasted you've managed to bring Post-Tiger Malaise into a thread about USB sticks being given away by The News Of The World.

denat wrote: »

Please explain how the government is paying for products given out by private companies? An €800 stent being sold to the HSE or to a private hospital isn't going to drop in price because one of the large biomedical companies decides to cut incentives to attend presentations about their product instead of proffering a cheap usb stick. Companies will charge whatever the market will pay just like every other product and service in this country. By the way, referring to people who aren't doctors or pharmacists as "the lower end of the food chain" is extremely condescending, it makes me query the cause the apparent chip on your shoulder. Pharmacists have always made their profits from over the counter sales and they over saturated the market during the good times. There's 2 in my local shopping centre, another across the road from it and 2 more within a 10min walk. 5 pharmacies within a 1/2 mile radius, yes I'm sure they are really relying on prescription drugs and government funding for profits rather than OTC painkillers and face creams. The real problem is that Joe public no longer wants to pay €7 for a pack of neurofen when a cheap own brand from Boots or Tesco does the exact same thing so there's no longer the traffic to support that number of businesses. Every area of healthcare has taken huge cuts, a huge number of this years graduates in all disciplines are emigrating but hey they're bottom of the food chain, clearly another pharmacy on the corner is far more in demand than replacing retiring physios or radiographers or hiring medical physicists to expand radiotherapy services for cancer patients.

Back on topic, I assume it's possible to fully delete the trailer files from the stick?

Back on topic, I assume it's possible to fully delete the trailer files from the stick?

Format in Windows or if you want to go to town on it, use the Panasonic SDFormatter.

http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/sd/download/sd_formatter.html

panasonicsdformatter.gif

Works with any type of memory card or USB stick you can plug in.

Thanks for that Amalgam

What happened this thread, its just a free usb stick when you buy a newspaper :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lilyvine

Hey I'm new here but was wondering if anyone could help me out?
    I got that memory stick with the paper for glorious Brueno but it keeps asking me for a access code. Any ideas??? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Don't think I could justify buying the NOTW for anything short of 1TB of memory !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭killswitch

lilyvine wrote: »
    Hey I'm new here but was wondering if anyone could help me out?
    I got that memory stick with the paper for glorious Brueno but it keeps asking me for a access code. Any ideas??? :confused:

Access code is under the "Bruno" logo on the metal bit of the USB stick

Anyone been able to successfully get rid of the preinstalled crap completeley yet? If so...help!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,127 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

killswitch wrote: »
    Anyone been able to successfully get rid of the preinstalled crap completeley yet? If so...help!!!!
    I've not got it, but have you tried right clicking on the drive (in (My) Computer) and selecting "Format"? Quick format should do the trick.

Advertisement