Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sky Box Not Receiving Remote Control Signal

Options
  • 03-07-2009 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

Hey,

Well I've titled this thread differently because it's not really a standard remote control problem (I don't think).

Basically, my Sky+ remote stopped working completely, so I called up sky, they said they were sending me out another one. While I was waiting for the Sky+ remote to come I started using my standard sky remote from my bedroom on the sitting room's sky+ box.

That worked fine and everything was grand, I got my Sky+ remote today so I want to start using my standard remote on my standard box again.

However I can't get it to work. It controls the volume on the TV fine so I know the remote is working but it doesn't do anything to my Sky box. I did a bit of rooting around and found this help all over the place but it hasn't worked for me:
    Reset your Sky remote control to operate your Sky box:
    Before proceeding further place the Sky remote control on a flat surface such as the floor or a coffee table.
    1. Point your Sky remote control away from your TV and press tv.
    2. Press select and the blue button together until the light at the top of your Sky remote control flashes twice.
    3. Press select.
    4. Press sky, then point your Sky remote control at your TV.
    5. Place your Sky remote control on a flat surface such as the floor or a coffee table.
    6. Press tv.
    7. Press select and the yellow button together until the light at the top of your Sky remote control flashes twice.
    8. Press (number) 1.
    9. Press select and the red light will flash twice.
    10. Press sky to return to Sky mode

I rang up Sky and they told me they'd have to send an engineer around. I don't think this is needed but I didn't want the bother of arguing with the script monkey. Does anyone have any idea how I might reset my remote, which still works, to start working again with my standard box.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Shades799

I spoke to soon!!

Found this after a bit more searching:

Press the TV button

Press and hold SELECT and the I button until the LED flashes twice

Press the number 3 and then press SELECT followed by the SKY button

Sorry for the quick posts!

Advertisement