Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to Get Sterling on a Saturday?

Options
  • 03-07-2009 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Thinking up heading up North tomorrow but i've no dosh.
    Where could i get some of the Queens Pound tomorrow?
    Working till 6 so cant get it today.

Damn Norn Iron with their different money. just change to the euro like the rest of us.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

There will be loads of places to change it once u cross border.

Or you could just use ur bank card in a atm up there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭markok84

By the Harlem and Wolfe cranes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 lilywhites1982

If you're going to Newry the best place to get your money changed is in the Buttercraine shopping centre, they have a Beaurau De Change there which is opened on Saturday and you'll get a better rate than down south.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭JethroC

Try the BDC in J.W.T. travel on O'Connell St...that's always been open on a Saturday and last time I changed money in there for going up north, I wasn't charged any commision (this is only for northern sterling)...

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Capital Loan & Investment Society on North Frederick St, Dublin 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

aren't halifax open on saturday mornings?[/halifax employee]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

markok84 wrote: »
    By the Harlem and Wolfe cranes.

As part of the American contributions to the peace process, New York got one of the Harland Cranes, and Belfast got the borough of Harlem.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭AdamusAdonis

Most/All larger shops (closer to the border) take euro, many signs along the way for currency conversion (costly?)... I just use the ATM.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement