Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grants and ways to get them

Options
  • 03-07-2009 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

I'm starting to really look into the possibility of getting a grant for college. But, unfortunately, my father's yearly wages are higher than the amount given on studentfinances. But that still fails to put into consideration that I'm the oldest of 4, and bills that have to be paid first in order to keep everything in that delicate balance. After that is done, we usually don't have all too much left over. Plus, these recent tax levies.. Yet, from what I know, these do not matter at all/it's not taken into account when applying for a grant.

However, my Business Studies teacher (who knows what he's talking about; he wrote the JC book) told me about ways to get around it. Such as claim that your parents aren't supporting your through college. Or to claim that you're employed by them instead of dependant on them. Anyone know of anyway to go ahead with these/other ways to get around the wage limit for grants?

Comments

You're not allowed look for ways on boards.ie to commit fraud. However, if you have any queries about the grant scheme you're better off raising them with your local Council/VEC.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement