Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting over.

Options
  • 03-07-2009 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭

If you had the chance to start the human race over from scratch would you ? How do you think it'd turn out ? Would we still have all the major religions for example exactly as they are now or would the same events take place in history just as they did. Or do you think we'd be way more advanced or even backward when compared to now in the exact same period.

For example I always felt religion would be same sh!t different name.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I'd give us wheels instead of legs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

that we had inbuilt instincts to kill ourselves when the population got beyond 1 billion, like lemmings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Population control is big thing.
    The world is over-populated and getting worse.
    So some form of 2-child max rule/incentive might be in order.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Lance Armstrong would win, again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Paparazzo wrote: »

And brakes instead of arms.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

I'd make people realise that Keyser Soze is real and that he's coming for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Humans could only create two children per couple MAX.

There's too many of us, kinda bringing down the price.

population will be the reason society collapses sooner or later, it's a huge elephant in the room that no world leaders want to discuss

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Also, acid for blood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

- Mandatory Polyamory
    - No copyright
    - Everyone grows their own
    - Allow the hunting of scumbags for sport.
    - Death Sentence for anyone who attempts to revive Reality Tv
    - Star Wars theme to be our national anthem.
    - Banning of Oil, the real cause of most wars at the mo.

That should start it off. Maybe a little plague every now and then if the numbers get too high.

• Advertisement

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Also, acid for blood.

Although wimmins would have to wear pyrex trousers once a month.
    DaBreno wrote: »
    - Mandatory Polyamory
    - No copyright
    - Everyone grows their own
    - Allow the hunting of scumbags for sport.
    - Death Sentence for anyone who attempts to revive Reality Tv
    - Star Wars theme to be our national anthem.

That should start it off. Maybe a little plague every now and then if the numbers get too high.

DaBreno for World President!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

We'd end up just the same, provided a similar alien came to earth and raped a chimp

Which is how we're here in the first place.

Prove me wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭TheManWho

Population control is easy. The world is full of starving people right, so we take half of them, and we feed them to the other half, starvation solved, overpopulation solved. Now if we could just get over the moral issue......

We'd end up just the same, provided a similar alien came to earth and raped a chimp

Which is how we're here in the first place.

Prove me wrong

GREAT SCOTT!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

There is no religion, Everyone speaks one language, Healthy lifestyles, There is no war

none of those ghey mullet spikey on top barnets that little skangers seem to be sporting these days

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    none of those ghey mullet spikey on top barnets that little skangers seem to be sporting these days

No, how about no skangers at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Paparazzo wrote: »

Anyone seen return to Oz?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

I think ye missed what I was trying to get at. If we started again from scratch, would the same things happen again for example, World War I and II, the same nations arising and falling at the same times, same inventions etc

We wouldn't make up the rules of the new world at all, it'll just play out like naturally.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Pyr0 wrote: »
    I think ye missed what I was trying to get at. If we started again from scratch, would the same things happen again for example, World War I and II, the same nations arising and falling at the same times, same inventions etc

We wouldn't make up the rules of the new world at all, it'll just play out like naturally.
    Unless there was some sort of interfearence I'd say it would play out the same.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Pyr0 wrote: »

It'd probably be the same but different. Were it entirely the same then we'd know that there is some kind of predestination at work and i don't like the sound of that, mainly because i hate the idea of anything but people being in control of their own lives.

I'd imagine that borders, languages and important people would be different, but i'd imagine a similar level of tech (maybe a bit higher or lower, but by no more than a 10 year margin) and for everyone to be really pissed at a french guy called Jean de Baton-Baton instead of hitler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭well horse

As a previous poster said, the elephant in the room that most people only half-acknowledge must be dealt with in some way is the massive and rapidly increasing human population.

The earth only has so much resources and no amount of human ingenuity can't overcome this fact.

Peak oil is coming soon and, being honest, I don't think the world is at all prepared for the shock that the end of oil will bring.
    Everybody thinks that science will eventually come to the rescue, but lets face it, how is it possible that we can continue or way of life without having the convenience of a high energy fuel like oil.
    I am deadly serious when I say it is our responsibility to not have children; this planet really is fcuked!

So, yeah, if I was to start the human ace over I would never let religion come into the world, would arrange for a money-economy from the start, and would have rulers impose strict 2 child per family policies on couples.

the thing is the only countries that wont have many kids if world leaders asked us to are the educated prosperous nations, no one in India or Asia or Africa cares about the environment or polar bears or whatever they just take life a day at a time. Us comfortable people in the western world have time to think about these things they don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

DaBreno wrote: »
    +1
    Wars, environmental issues, and overpopulated cities.

OT, I would make it a requirement to smoke ganja, that should keep people away from war, aggression and inventing too many things.
    Ganja is the way backward forward!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭well horse

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    the thing is the only countries that wont have many kids if world leaders asked us to are the educated prosperous nations, no one in India or Asia or Africa cares about the environment or polar bears or whatever they just take life a day at a time. Us comfortable people in the western world have time to think about these things they don't.

Thats true. Although they are only perpetuating their problems by having loads of kids so they should show somw cop-on.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It'd probably be the same but different. Were it entirely the same then we'd know that there is some kind of predestination at work and i don't like the sound of that, mainly because i hate the idea of anything but people being in control of their own lives.
    I don't see why it would change at all. He's basically talking about rewinding a tape here. If no changes are made to the universe it's more than likely going to do exactly what it did last time. It's not the same as running a different universe with exactly the same set up and seeing if it works out the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Simple, the new Humans would be able to re grow limbs, regenerate damaged, / severed nerves,

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Abortions for some
    Minature flags of me for others

Advertisement