Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hisense 32" LCD TV €299 in Harvey Norman nationwide Saturday 04.07.2009 0700-0900)

Options
  • 03-07-2009 11:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hisense 32" LCD TV in Harvey Norman nationwide, tomorrow,
    Saturday 04.07.2009 0700-0900 only.

Just saw this is this morning's metro (03.07.2009).

It says save €100. Selling price is €299.

Hisense 32" LCD TV (Model LCD32W57DEU)

Can only be bought between 0700-0900.

Other TVs/washing machines etc in the Metro add also.
    I assume Powercity, DID & Curry's will offer a good deal to compete with this.
    A TV with mpeg4 for Irish DTT would be nice.

Is it worth getting up early tomorrow, saturday to get one ?
    Anyone know anything about this TV - I cannot seem to locate anything on the internet.

FZ

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CFC007

How much are they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

What's the actual price of it? Specs?

Generally, I'd stay away from brands that you haven't heard of and the fact that seem to be giving very little info away isn't a good sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

If there's one thing I've learned, is that there's no such thing as a bargain in Harvey Normans. I'm working about 300 yards from one at the moment, and they've been advertising a philips soundbar for home cinema for 299 for about a year now.

Last week they had a sale to end all sales (As if!), and one of the items in the sale was a philips soundbar for 299.

It's all panic and 'You must buy now now now' with Harvey Normans, but little of substance once you go inside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hisense

Chinese electronics manufacturer. Wouldn't touch Chinese goods of any kind if I can avoid it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

From wiki link above:
    Hisense grew out of “Qingdao No.2 Radio Factory”, setup in September 1969.
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

mobius42 wrote: »
    Hisense grew out of “Qingdao No.2 Radio Factory”, setup in September 1969.

:D

Well that changes everything, doesn't it. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Friend got a Hisense 32" from xtra vision Christmas 07 for i think €479. Nice tv so they got one last summer for the sitting room and a 19" for the kitchen. All working perfect and a nice tv to look at. The ones they got were HD ready other than that, don't know the exact specs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

KTRIC wrote: »
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hisense

Chinese electronics manufacturer. Wouldn't touch Chinese goods of any kind if I can avoid it.

Getting pretty hard to avoid nowadays though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Since people are worried about the specs of the HiSense, you should look at the Samsung LE32B450 on Powercity for €429.95. It's a mid-range, HD Ready LCD TV and gets a great review from HDTVTest.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

I have seen and used many Hisense, when the Screen itself is neat the software (menus) and usuability is very bad. We are talking screen hanging/freezing and very slow response time.

For a little more its more worth going for a Brand name better valued :D - Example? A very good Samsung 32Inch for 100 Quid more [407€] HERE

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

HN open at 7am? lol The one near me can barely get people in on a saturday afternoon...the place will be like a ghost town at that time, bargains or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭onemanband

No big idea IMO. CDiscount in Dundalk were doing a Nordmende 32' last weekend for €249.00. Good price for a 32' but the design on these entry brand models are pretty crappy. Some serious value around on TV at the moment. Power City have some mental pricing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Yeah Power City had some good prices, until they increased the price of this Grundig 32", from €300 to €340: http://www.powercity.ie/?par=10-12-GU32HD&pages=1&prod=GU32HD I suppose there's always the Beko at €300: http://www.powercity.ie/?par=10-12-32WLU5&pages=1&prod=32WLU5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

they also have a philips 32" lcd tv model no. 32PFL3404 (think thats the model no.) for €369 between 7am-8am, don't know what its like just seen it in an ad on the paper

Advertisement