Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phantom Taxis YES OR NO ?

Options
  • 03-07-2009 10:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

I have heard around about these phantom Taxis that dont have signs

or anything and pick up people and charge them say 20euro for 20 drive or

something not being exact here I know I have heard reports that some of them have dont nasty stuff to people and that is awful.

but this goes out to the ones that have'nt done anything and have brought people were they wanted to go and not dont anything and charged them fair enough.

I say fair balls to them no matter the taxis giving out about them. Its been goin out since way before the recession and its still goin Im sure.

But in the end of the day its a way of making money and people have to live.

Im sure we have all been there at 230 and 630 in the morning and taxis drive by you with there lights on and wont stop at all. so you end up walking half way down the liffey and risk gettin mugged.

I walked home twice to clondakin once because of it.

I would like to hear your say is it right or wrong say what you feel have a rant feel free. I think fair dues to them. but dont condon the bad ones doin it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

So in essence, you are saying fair play to somebody who is breaking the law, preying on people late at night, giving my trades already bad image even more egg on face and whom is driving without insurance?

Good on ya:rolleyes:
    bongotime wrote: »
    I have heard around about these phantom Taxis that dont have signs

or anything and pick up people and charge them say 20euro for 20 drive or

something not being exact here I know I have heard reports that some of them have dont nasty stuff to people and that is awful.

but this goes out to the ones that have'nt done anything and have brought people were they wanted to go and not dont anything and charged them fair enough.

I say fair balls to them no matter the taxis giving out about them. Its been goin out since way before the recession and its still goin Im sure.

Im sure we have all been there at 230 and 630 in the morning and taxis drive by you with there lights on and wont stop at all. so you end up walking half way down the liffey and risk gettin mugged.

I would like to hear your say is it right or wrong say what you feel have a rant feel free. I think fair dues to them. but dont condon the bad ones doin it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

The question in my mind is, why would anybody bother running an unlicensed taxi service when you can go down to the carriage office or open the evening herald and buy a legit plate?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,896 ✭✭✭✭Stark

And I'm sure they declare that income when they're collecting their social welfare cheques :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Definite NO.

Who in their right man would get into an unmarked "taxi" and risk their own health and safety especially when most people are tripping over taxis when they leave a club.

Could you see anyone getting into a kerb crawling car offering a lift home for 20 quid??

I just can't see how an unmarked taxi could do business... they are at a competitive disadvantage not having a sign on the roof!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Why would you walk home twice? Did you get lost.

On topic: it is illegal and should be frowned upon..:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭bongotime

well fingers it costs me nearly 30euro to get home. and plus walking is good for you. when your walking from town to clondalkin.

judging by the dodgy cab driver yea get and him clocking up extras while your drunk.

Taxis Drivers are dodgy.

Friend of mine got into a cab a girl and went to get out a few minutes later payed the guy and as she got out he grabbed her leg and wouldnt let go.

she reported him.

I think you are safer gettin into a unmarked car then a taxi.

sorry but you hear about these incidents ever day of the week but no one will say anything we just put up with it like good irish.

people give people lifts ever day of the week to work from work.

i throw him 10euro once in a while is that ilegal ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

people give people lifts ever day of the week to work from work.

i throw him 10euro once in a while is that ilegal ?

I think wanton and frustrating idiocy should be made illegal...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

well fingers it costs me nearly 30euro to get home. and plus walking is good for you. when your walking from town to clondalkin.

judging by the dodgy cab driver yea get and him clocking up extras while your drunk.

Taxis Drivers are dodgy.

Friend of mine got into a cab a girl and went to get out a few minutes later payed the guy and as she got out he grabbed her leg and wouldnt let go.

she reported him.

I think you are safer gettin into a unmarked car then a taxi.

sorry but you hear about these incidents ever day of the week but no one will say anything we just put up with it like good irish.

this is a stoopid comment. at least you have a picture and licence and reg for a taxi. you are basically getting into a strangers car whan you get into an unmarked car...it could be a psyco axe murderer for all you know.

nearly half of taxi drivers are criminals.

if something happened to you in the cab it would be a different story.

in a cab once and sitting in the back a hammer is at my feet a club hammer.

now is that illegal ? to have a weapon in your car.

irish people defend everything bad in this country they complain about it but they wont do anything.

• Advertisement

these attacks are happening ever nite of the week and noting is being done about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

nearly half of taxi drivers are criminals

Source for that? Apart from a letter in the Evening Herald or some guy in the chipper queue? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

mamma always told me not to accept lifts from strangers...at least a proper taxi has some safeguards.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Howyadoing

The question in my mind is, why would anybody bother running an unlicensed taxi service when you can go down to the carriage office or open the evening herald and buy a legit plate?

Hey guys, I'm working my ass of at the minute to pass the new spsv test (very hard) and plan on doing everything legit so if I was to come across any of these non marked taxi cabs I think I would burn the f***er in his car.
    P.S. Any advice on passing the spsv test this is my 2nd go. First part handy second part hard.
    Cheers lads & lasses

Advertisement