Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman wins lotto AGAIN

Options
  • 03-07-2009 8:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭

A woman won 500k in Euromillions. A while before that, she won 250k.

She says she's generally a "very lucky" person, and she hopes to win an even bigger amount next time.

Leave some for the rest of us, you greedy biatch!

Is anyone here generally lucky, always winning stuff?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,452 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,866 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

She probably spends about €150 a week on tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

The company who won the 14m in carlow last year won a million(iirc) a few years before aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

kippy wrote: »
    Link?

Don't have a link, it was on front page of Metro this morning....

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

Quazzie wrote: »
    She probably spends about €150 a week on tickets.

Nope, she only spent €12 the week she won!
    Ahh some people really do have all the luck...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Ahh some people really do have all the luck...

Yea.. Either that..
    Or she's fcuking the entire euromillions machine tech support staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I wonder does she have her special numbers or was it quick pick?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Link here

Lucky bitch.....

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2009/0703/1224249969025.html
    WHILE LIGHTNING struck Dublin yesterday, for one lucky woman in the capital it was a case of lightning striking twice.
    The unidentified woman from Cork came to National Lottery offices in Dublin yesterday to collect six-figure winnings for the second time in eight years.
    The woman won the top EuroMillions Plus prize from last Friday’s draw, for which she was presented with a cheque for €502,020.

In 2001, she won the Lotto Plus 2 top prize of €250,000, bringing her total winnings to more than €750,000.
    The woman, who did not wish to be named, has a grown-up family and lives in Cork city, and called to the lottery offices with members of her family. Her winning numbers were chosen from family birthdays and door numbers.

The woman purchased her €12 ticket in Centra, the Tower Shopping Centre in Blarney, Co Cork.

“I would describe myself as an extremely lucky person,” she said over a glass of champagne after collecting her winnings. “I win things regularly and I expect to win more prizes with the lottery. My next aim is to win a big Lotto jackpot – I’d really, really like that.”

With her last win, the woman travelled with her family to Japan for the World Cup. This time around, she plans to go shopping “for me”.
    According to the National Lottery, a EuroMillions Plus top prize worth €500,000 is still awaiting collection. The ticket was sold on June 11th in McLaughney’s store in Shannon, Co Clare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭asdasd

The company who won the 14m in carlow last year won a million(iirc) a few years before aswell

Syndicates buy a lot of tickets. Thus increasing their odds.
    I wonder does she have her special numbers or was it quick pick?

hardly the same numbers again?

• Advertisement

She bought it on my birthday, so by all rights it's mine! Give it here.

asdasd wrote: »

Why not?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I would describe myself as an extremely lucky person,” she said over a glass of champagne after collecting her winnings. “I win things regularly and I expect to win more prizes with the lottery. My next aim is to win a big Lotto jackpot – I’d really, really like that.”

Greedy fcucking cow..a few hundred grand isnt enough for her,she wants a "big" win does she?
    People like her make me sick and the Lottery is nothing more than a tax on the poor and gullible(and,in her case greedy).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

lol i know a gouy who did the same numbers every week... and the week he was on holidays the numbers came out :))))

Theres no restriction on how many times you can enter for the lotto. 750k is hardly loads now, is it? You couldnt live off it comfortably for the rest of your life.

Why not?

Well the exact same numbers? The same line? Think about it. If the chances of winning are 1 in 3 million those numbers should turn up once every 57 thousand years, at once a week - or 28 thousand years if the lotto is twice a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Syndicates buy a lot of tickets. Thus increasing their odds.

well run her winning number throught the website for all draws and see did the same number come up in 2001. then get a job in her local shop and check peoples game tickets till you the lady who plays them number.

joking btw the way don't do the 2nd part.

The exact same numbers would be very suspicious.

Of course she didnt win the full Euromillions, but even getting 4 or 5 balls with the same numbers is very unlikely, although the bonus balls complicate the mathematics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

Mousey- wrote: »
    lol i know a guy who did the same numbers every week... and the week he was on holidays the numbers came out :))))

That's not funny, is he ok?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

jebuz wrote: »

ahh 666 posts :eek: unclean unclean.... phew back to normal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

jebuz wrote: »

Hows that for irony? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I wouldn't begrudge her if she gave some of that dosh to charity, 750k is way more than enough to live on.

Well the exact same numbers? The same line? Think about it. If the chances of winning are 1 in 3 million those numbers should turn up once every 57 thousand years, at once a week - or 28 thousand years if the lotto is twice a week.

Both highly unlikely but still possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Cróga

Mousey- wrote: »
    lol i know a gouy who did the same numbers every week... and the week he was on holidays the numbers came out :))))

lol i hope he's still not doing the same numbers?!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

gurramok wrote: »
    I wouldn't begrudge her if she gave some of that dosh to charity, 750k is way more than enough to live on.

Its not all that much- if she paid off her mortgage, bought a new car and did those things that you always wished you could do (a cruise, that round the world trip or whatever)- there might not be a lot left over. You certainly couldn't retire on 750k......

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

The lotto is for saps

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Obviously a cnut. Going public and all!

I hope she chokes on a wad of fifties

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

WindSock wrote: »
    Theres no restriction on how many times you can enter for the lotto. 750k is hardly loads now, is it? You couldnt live off it comfortably for the rest of your life.

I came into 8 grand last december and it made a big feckin difference.
    Got loads of stuff done round the house,new car,paid off the credit card and all sorts...it didnt change my life but it was nice.
    The problem with money is that it makes people greedy..750 grand and she still wants to win a "big prize"?
    Silly old cow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

She'll still be the first in every Sunday morning to push her way to the front of the queue and have the cashier check her bleeedin tickets

Advertisement