Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get your sleeping pattern back in sync?

Options
  • 03-07-2009 6:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

I should be asleep now but im wide awake :eek:!! Then during the day i feel really tired and sleep to about 7pm. I've tried many times to just stay awake all day just to make it till the next night but the more i try the sleepyer i get! I bet im not the only one like, all u bums who dont have a job prob have this problem too :p:p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Shaving your pubic hair off has been shown to be a proven and effective way of getting your regular sleep patterns back on track.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭StopNotWorking

Try working day and night shifts during the same week. 48 hours a week, 12 hour shifts, 16 hours including commuting time per shift.. This week I had.. night shift on monday, day shift on wednesday then 2 night shifts thursday/friday and I have the weekend off. First time I've had 2 days off that wern't holidays since I started here 3 months ago..

I just try to sleep when I can, but if you want to sort out your sleeping pattern then do something during the day that will have you exhausted for that night. Which will really force you to sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭imaleper

hahahha
    ye man definetly have this problem... Basically it works for me on four week shifts... Like I'm gonna power through till 10p.m tomorrow, and I'll be back to norm, until the half hour that I add onto both waking and sleeping times brings me back to the start/ end of the cycle again (4 weeks time)!

And trust me, alcohol just adds to the process, NatraCalm doesn't work, and sex just screws up my clock worse than it already is... Its a serious problem I have, And to be honest some serious sleepers need to be prescribed to me at this stage I reckon... Maybe tomorrow I'll hit the G.P. Today

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

I work around the clock for many years, and then had to be awake for family functions. .

1) Book 50 dates at the O2

2) Call your nutritionist and beg for surgical theatre sedatives that can only be given through an IV.

Trust me when I say you'll never sleep any better.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Stay up all day, by 7pm you'll be begging to go to bed, keep going until 10/11, you will feel like crap but you'll teach yourself all nighters are nto good for you!

Appoint some annoying person to make sure you stay awake until late :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

POST ABOUT IT ON TEH INTERWEBZ!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,071 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

I have an alarm clock :pac:

helps with waking up bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

you need to set a rule of allowing your sefl 6 hours a sleep and in bed for a month so if you go to bed at 12 get up at 6 ajust a ccordingly you need to do it for 30 days.

After that you can sleep for more if you want tho personally i find 6 hours is more then enough for me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Stay up all day, by 7pm you'll be begging to go to bed, keep going until 10/11, you will feel like crap but you'll teach yourself all nighters are nto good for you!

Going to need a lot of coffee...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Smoke some weed, man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭markfla

squeez one out or ride the missus, works for me....sleep like a baby after that

Pace2008 wrote: »
    Smoke some weed, man.

no actually weed keeps you a wake...

the best way is allso to lower your body tempriture..

ever notice when your beds like a oven you can't sleep .... that sbecause when you go into your first stage of sleep your tempriture drops a notch or two...

Well I always pass out fairly sharpish when I smoke, even if my heart rate is up.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Well I always pass out fairly sharpish when I smoke, even if my heart rate is up.

cabbaged ≠ asleep =p

you pass out yes but you dont actually sleep there a re five stages of sleep...

if you fall a sleep like you would on a spliff you'd go more then likly straight to stage 3 and 5 and not get the other 3 stages which is important for a healthy nights sleep...

I see; this would explain the 'weedovers' one can occasionally experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Topsnakebite

my sleeping pattern was messed up just like yours,got it fixed up by staying up a hole day and went to bed a 10 feels good to get it back to normal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

cabbaged ≠ asleep =p

Yeah ......but at that point ...who cares ? :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Croga wrote: »
    I should be asleep now but im wide awake :eek:!! Then during the day i feel really tired and sleep to about 7pm. I've tried many times to just stay awake all day just to make it till the next night but the more i try the sleepyer i get! I bet im not the only one like, all u bums who dont have a job prob have this problem too :p:p

Go to bed really early and fap till you fall asleep.

I think i remember reading that the stay up all night to reset your body's clock is myth.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,510 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

If staying up as late as possible doesn't work for you force yourself out of bed early instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

On Thurs,Fri and Sat night my bedtime is averaging out at 6am and i usually sleep until 3pm. When i get home on Sat night/Sun morning i usually saty awak right through until sunday night and hit the hay around 10 or 11 at night and i'm back to normal Monday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Stay up as long as you want but set yourself a time that you must get up at, say 8 o clock.

Regardless of what time you go to bed at, after getting up at the same time for about a week your body will get back into a rythym and you'll start feeling tired at a more appropriate hour.

Advertisement