Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The spice burger is saved apparently!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭rororoyourboat

Huzzah!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

OMG this is the most exciting news since the kettled boiled.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

YESSSSSS....SPICE BURGER!

Woooooooooooo!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Never tried them but still mildly happy that something has been saved from extinction. Must get whoever's responsible to have a chat with the Jacobs biscuit people now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Whats a spice burger?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

• Registered Users Posts: 18,909 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Good stuff. Glad Big Als aren't going to start making them.. they're terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Well I know a lot of people who decided they wanted to try one when they found out they could not get them anymore,but now they can....although since everyone can get them they prob won't want them now!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

happiest day of my life.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I demand proof, I will not take such monumental news on faith alone, if it turned out to be false I wouldn't be able to deal with the heartache

This post has been deleted.

http://www.walshfamilyfoods.ie/images/greenspice.jpg

You were saying?.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Dammit I want one now!

Tesco 24 hours right down the street....

orestes wrote: »
    I demand proof, I will not take such monumental news on faith alone, if it turned out to be false I wouldn't be able to deal with the heartache

If you think the Irish Times is a credible source, then :

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/frontpage/2009/0703/1224249968829.html

Alternatively, the metro had it one of their pages in the newspaper this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

DubMedic wrote: »
    The spice burger is saved apparently! ?.

Cardiologists all over the UK and Ireland save local Mercedes Benz dealerships upon hearing the news.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭jaffa20

I'm so happy :)

"Its demise provoked a huge show of sympathy from disappointed fans after the news was revealed in The Irish Times last month. Newspapers and Facebook groups campaigned to “save our spice burger”, while internet forums were filled with nostalgic recollections of the product’s unique place in Irish food history.

Interesting....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭GlindaGale

Right, I'm gonna go buy some today and eat myself sick, I may even give them a little hug n kiss.

Yummy. Best news I've heard in ages.

jaffa20 wrote: »
    I'm so happy :)

"Its demise provoked a huge show of sympathy from disappointed fans after the news was revealed in The Irish Times last month. Newspapers and Facebook groups campaigned to “save our spice burger”, while internet forums were filled with nostalgic recollections of the product’s unique place in Irish food history.

Interesting....

Yep. I was one of the people behind the facebook group. I also had a campaign going on twitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

This could've been a marketing trick to boost flagging spice burger sales.

Reminds me of the "Coke cola" story, where they changed coke and there was uproar cos most people wanted the old recipe/mix back.
    So they eventually backed down and remarketed "Classic coke", which was a huge success.

Afterwards the Coke bosses asked whether it was a marketing trick or a blunder, they said "they weren't that smart, and weren't that stupid either".

I don't think they went into receivership as part of a clever marketing campaign. Might be taking things a bit too far.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

Yep. I was one of the people behind the facebook group. I also had a campaign going on twitter.

Your place in heaven awaits you.

Upon hearing the news, a few of the gods got together. You've a seat at the right-hand of some bearded fella, and some other guy threw in 73 virgins :D

Yeah. Lots of fat girls want to be friends with me on facebook now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

yayyy

Irelands national food is saved... along with white pudding red lemonade and tayto

Advertisement