Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

round zero on the CAO ?

Options
  • 03-07-2009 1:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

I was just flicking through the CAO handbook and noticed something about round zero...offers made in early august to certain groups of people eg someone not awaiting 2009 exam results :) i.e. me !!

Does anyone know more about this or have been offered a place in round zero ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=107 Would probably be a better idea.

If you're relying on previous points then you don't get an offer at round 0, because you're waiting for others' results to see how you compare.
    Round 0 is for access students, mature students etc, people who don't compete through the CAO based on LC points with other students.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

amacachi wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=107 Would probably be a better idea.

If you're relying on previous points then you don't get an offer at round 0, because you're waiting for others' results to see how you compare.
    Round 0 is for access students, mature students etc, people who don't compete through the CAO based on LC points with other students.

oh wow ! gotcha, it did occur to me how would I get an offer if there was noone to compare me with :) thanks a bunch

KeyLimePie wrote: »
    oh wow ! gotcha, it did occur to me how would I get an offer if there was noone to compare me with :) thanks a bunch
    Guessing you're going by previous points as opposed to being a mature student or something then? :)

Guessing you're going by previous points as opposed to being a mature student or something then? :)

well...i'm only doing arts in ucd :) and I've 450 points. So It'd be a big suprise if I don't get my course to be honest

I've 475 and going for Science in Trinity, will be suicide for me if I don't get in.
    :pac:

What have you been doing for a year? Waster. :P

• Advertisement

I've 475 and going for Science in Trinity, will be suicide for me if I don't get in.

I've a JOB !!!! =p like gold dust right?!

KeyLimePie wrote: »
    I've a JOB !!!! =p like gold dust right?!

You have a job and now you're going back to college? You should be shot. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Reckon the points for Science in Trinity will go up much?? Ive it down too but Im hoping my points are in the region of 440ish!:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

That seems like overkill to me.

I'm so funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭whadabouchasir

You have a job and now you're going back to college? You should be shot. :P
    Ya who does he think he is trying to better himself.I hate it when people try to improve their education.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

does the round zero apply to fetac people? My boyfriend has applied after doing a fetac award and is dosn't know when he will get an offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

does the round zero apply to fetac people? My boyfriend has applied after doing a fetac award and is dosn't know when he will get an offer.

FETAC applicants get their offers in Round Zero. If he doesn't get an offer in Round Zero and he has a Leaving Cert, he could still get an offer in Round 1. Also if he doesn't get an offer in Round Zero and there is a quota of places for FETAC applicants on the course, he could still get an offer in a later round if a FETAC student does not take up their place on the course.

http://www2.cao.ie/fetac/FETAC_Scoring.pdf

Advertisement