Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How short should I go??

Options
  • 03-07-2009 12:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭

Before I start, I know this thread is virtually pointless without pics, but I'm interested in your opinions nonetheless! :)

I have long, thick, dark brown and naturally curly but generally straightened hair that is due a trim. I'm talking more than half way down my back.

I'm off to Spain at the weekend and that has got me thinking about chopping a load of it off, for practical purposes...but haven't quite decided how short to go, or how short I can get away with, without ending up with an afro (seriously, seriously thick hair here!)

My hairstyle has pretty much always been a variant between medium length and long, but the idea of having it short with a few choppy layers is appealing more and more...

Any other ladies out there with really thick hair managed to make a successful transition without ending up with a mushroom 'do?? Your thoughts and suggestions appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I have really thick hair, always have. It has a serious wave and kink to it. If you look at my post here you can see what I did. I know you're not planning on going that short but it's easy enough to manage. I always chop my hair off at the start of the summer, just cause I get so warm with it!

Go short and longer a the back with loads of layers if you want it lighters but not too short!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Thanks for that Michellenman, what a brave decision but it looks awesome!;)

I am so terrified at the idea of my hair being that short, I would say my hair is even thicker than yours and if I don't blowdry it straight and then run over it with the ghd, it's like Shirley Temple-style curls. I have an aunt whose hair was similar to mine at my age and now it is short and has settled into a bit of a bird's nest on the top of her head...so this is the kind of nightmare scenario I have in my head at the moment!

I'm thinking of cutting it just above my shoulders, with some shorter layers around the front, but will have to have a chat with the hairdresser...

Advertisement