Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Criminal Minds or NCIS?

Options
  • 02-07-2009 11:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭

Since I have some free time on my hands at the moment I'd like to start watching a new show from the beginning. From other people's recommendations I'm thinking either Criminal Minds or NCIS. Both seem to be the type of show that I'd like but I wonder if anyone out there has any suggestions or is one better than the other?

Just to give you an idea of what I like, here are some shows that I usually watch: House, Dexter, Mentalist, Lost, Bones, CSI.

So what would you guys recommend?

Thanks for reading :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Criminal minds is more of a heavy subject series.
    NCIS is serious but has more lighthearted moments.
    I'm a fan of both.
    Both are great and selection depends on the current mood of yourself.

For pure entertainment over all, I'd go with NCIS.

Afterthought: THEE best series for me EVER was "The West Wing".
    There is not enough said (many have tried thankfully) about the writing alone of that show over the (7) years, never mind the brilliant cast.
    Its was then and is still seriously worth considering too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭Land Of Idiots

Thanks for that!

BTW I completely agree with your thoughts on the West Wing. I think it could possibly be my all time favourite series. Absolutely love it! Even to this day I could sit down and re-watch the entire 7 seasons and not get bored once. Actually there's a thought...

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Thanks for that!

BTW I completely agree with your thoughts on the West Wing. I think it could possibly be my all time favourite series. Absolutely love it! Even to this day I could sit down and re-watch the entire 7 seasons and not get bored once. Actually there's a thought...

The West Wing is my all time favourite series, I watch both NCIS and Criminal Minds, and also JAG (same creator as NCIS).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I like criminal minds but there is too much formula in it. Was watching a repeat tonight, so they think they have the unsub but its only half way into the show, so thinking na, cant be him. Then towatds the end of the show the latest victim is being chased, of course she is going to live.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

Criminal Minds for me. JJ is HOT!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭.SONIC.

NCIS L.A is the best t.v show out at the moment!!! check it out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

I'd like to throw my hat into the Criminal Minds ring. Great show with some very thought-provoking storylines.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Another vote for Criminal Minds here. Some of the episodes really mess with my head and freak me out. Probably my favourite series on TV.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

.SONIC. wrote: »
    NCIS L.A is the best t.v show out at the moment!!! check it out :)

Watched half of the first episode there recently cos I had watched all the NCIS I could find, and I found it good!

Advertisement