Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Texas Tom rides off into the sunset.....

Options
  • 02-07-2009 9:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭

Texas is closing down again, for good this time so they say :( I wasn't keen on the Texas Warehouse Club, it sort of morphed into Texas in the last year or so, but there was never quiet the same ambiance as the original. I'll miss that big orange star.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

Texas is closing down the bloody whole time!it was supposed to be closed for good before.....
    Hate the new texas since it moved out to cloncollig,totally miss the old texas there behind the wolftrap,ya could spend hours roaming round!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Have to admit my favourite thing about the shop was the pictures of the shop lifters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭lt_cmdr_worf

Seen similar pictures in the old Texas SC in Athlone around 2006.

Didn't know there was a Texas store in Main St in Tullamore until I saw it last month.

They've opened a new store in Roscommon town, but quality is not that great.

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Have to admit my favourite thing about the shop was the pictures of the shop lifters.

Now that was hilarious!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

More people would be outside the shop having a nose at the pics than in the shop buying anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭CyanRain

I heard that he's still looking to build that big shopping center with underground parking on the old site. And that's from his son, whom I'm pretty good friends with, so it's pretty reliable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Mahocky

CyanRain wrote: »
    I heard that he's still looking to build that big shopping center with underground parking on the old site. And that's from his son, whom I'm pretty good friends with, so it's pretty reliable.
    Well Tom obviously doesn't like telling his son what's going on then coz that's not true. He sold that site a couple of years ago to a group from Co. Meath. They've applied to build a huge shopping centre there but it's got nothing to do with Texas Tom anymore. (I worked for a company involved).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Miserable ****er the goods he sells are the cheapest of the cheap & a tad over priced for the Quality of what one gets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭channelsurfer

i actually saw a phone he was charging 42.99 out there when he re-opened a few months ago. same phone was 12.99 sterling up in semi-chem in newry.no wonder he can give 50% off when he charges nearly 300% mark-up on the stuff already!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

offaly1 wrote: »
    Texas is closing down the bloody whole time!

Same as The Jean Scene - they've been having a Closing Down Clearance Sale in Liffey Vally for almost 5 years now... :)

• Advertisement

SIX PACK wrote: »
    Miserable ****er the goods he sells are the cheapest of the cheap & a tad over priced for the Quality of what one gets.

ah ya can be lucky with what you get .... mind you that few and far between that you get something worthwhile!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Seanie M wrote: »
    Same as The Jean Scene - they've been having a Closing Down Clearance Sale in Liffey Vally for almost 5 years now... :)

Same with the store in Athlone ... and Newry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    Same with the store in Athlone ... and Newry

The store in athlone is closed down is it not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Scawgeen

....and Carlow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 User21027

God- i heard he bought the Wolftrap and had planning permission to knock it and build a huge shopping center. Who knows? ..........:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

User21027 wrote: »
    God- i heard he bought the Wolftrap and had planning permission to knock it and build a huge shopping center. Who knows? ..........:(

Nope, read page one;)

Advertisement