Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keeping white bras white?

Options
  • 02-07-2009 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

So i usually wear a little bit of tan at the weekends, a sun kissed glow rather than oompa loopa. I only use wash off faketan as i don't want permanent stains on my clothes, i wear lots of neutral colours. Finding that the straps of my white bras discolour very quickly and can't seem to get them white! I only ever handwash my bras. Any advice would be great, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Assets Model

I'd lvoe to know too I machine wash mine (they only cost 6 quid in penneys and i really hate handwashing) in Daz and still no joy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭valery

jidsudap wrote: »
    So i usually wear a little bit of tan at the weekends, a sun kissed glow rather than oompa loopa. I only use wash off faketan as i don't want permanent stains on my clothes, i wear lots of neutral colours. Finding that the straps of my white bras discolour very quickly and can't seem to get them white! I only ever handwash my bras. Any advice would be great, thanks!

Love an answer too. try steeping o/night.
    can i ask , does the wire in any of your bras ever poke through and try to work itself out. Only happening in a few i bought in dunnes. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Beetlebum

valery wrote: »
    Love an answer too. try steeping o/night.
    can i ask , does the wire in any of your bras ever poke through and try to work itself out. Only happening in a few i bought in dunnes. :confused:

Yeah..most of my bras are €6 Pennys jobs but I splashed out on a Gossard Wonderbar and this happened. It's so annoying...the wire just sticks out the side now and it hurts wearing it...it's never happened with my cheapo bras

As for keeping them white, wash them with some vanish and some Daz extra white..my white bras are all still reallt white and that's what I do when I do a whites only wash..a higher tempature helps lift stains better too but is more expensive.

Beetlebum wrote: »
    Yeah..most of my bras are €6 Pennys jobs but I splashed out on a Gossard Wonderbar and this happened. It's so annoying...the wire just sticks out the side now and it hurts wearing it...it's never happened with my cheapo bras

As for keeping them white, wash them with some vanish and some Daz extra white..my white bras are all still reallt white and that's what I do when I do a whites only wash..a higher tempature helps lift stains better too but is more expensive.

Good idea , thanks. You wont believe it, my two cheapos are the ones that try to stab me. You can repair with a stitch or two to close up the hole ;).
    Ragin as the cups are elasticy material and i like that . Do you know of a half decent brand , wire cup no padding with stretch type material in d cups ?? thought Id ask .:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Wash it in the Daz white stuff to get rid of the staining, put a 'keep it white' sheet in with the wash, this stops them going grey, magical stuff it is! If you've got a couple of greyish bras or underwear then stick a 'make it white' packet in the wash. These make it white things are seriously unbelievable! I buy them in Dunnes, really brilliant stuff!

• Advertisement

Im in the last century here , the times i have thrown out underwear cos of goin grey :mad: thanks , will try :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

If you can get a couple months from a cheapo bra, bin it..buy a new one. €10 aint much!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

You can buy Dylon Lingerie Whitener(http://www.dylon.co.uk/products/whiteners/lingerie-whitener.html) in alot of chemists. It's usually kept over with the dyes. It's for delicate fabrics so it's better than just using bleach but ultimately I think it does the same job.I've used it and was very happy with the results.

Advertisement