Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last minute footie match!? Pre-season friendly? Sat july 4th

Options
  • 02-07-2009 12:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭

Grosvenor Lane looking to play a pre-season friendly this saturday, July 4th, Bushy Park (terenure/rathfarnham), on grass. If boards-poker can get 13-14 lads together it'd be handy for us to have a look at a few new faces.

I have spoken to the park ranger about a 1pm kick off and he's happy enough provided it doesnt bucket rain tonight and tomorrow so it should be fine.

If interested can you post here a.s.a.p as we have training tonight and I wanna be able to have an idea if this might go ahead or not.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Ill play for sure.

I think HJ is away.

Obv I'd play. Only if your manager doesn't get annoyed with me again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Jayminator

I wont commit for fear of abuse from HJ... Nah seriously I am away at a stag in Newcastle. How bad eh

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Qwerty27

hey...been looking ofr a game in Bushy park but Im away this weekend. If your playing again and need any players please let me know.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

I'm back as of yesterday, should be able to play; although I haven't kicked a ball in anger in over a week!

• Advertisement

Daragh? Could you get a team together if possible and me and Keith/anyone from boards who wants to play will play too? Or is that not really feasible?

I dont think we will get the numbers here ya see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

i'll play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

i just thanked a theresalwaysone post... i feel dirty :p

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

I would love to play, I am godlike at soccer, I'd imagine I'd probably score about ten goals if it's played on astroturf. But I'm not going to travel all that way sorry.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Lads do you play grass soccer or astro?

• Advertisement

I could get some players, but It would take me a few hours to see how many. Will I try?

I could get some players, but It would take me a few hours to see how many. Will I try?

Given responses here I'd go with yes.

The first 3 people I contacted are all going out to a Techno night on Friday night, so unfortunately it's a no go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

I'll play if this goes ahead.

Jeff how big is your squad?

You could have an inter squad friendly and we could make up the numbers?

Failing that, Im sure we could rustle up 11 players somwhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

I'll play

i figure if we can get 8 or 9 from here then myself and anto can play for poker, dont think it'll be much use to us as effectively and internal friendly with 4 - 5 random poker lads thrown in, ya know? think there's 5 or 6 interested from here so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

I'll put my name in for this....Just have to double check I have nothing on work-wise but should be grand for a 1pm kick-off.

Stephen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

I'll play

Me
    Keith
    Trippie
    HJ
    Cardshark
    Neil
    Stephen
    Luke
    Anto
    Jeff

Thats ten? Helimachopter playing?

This going ahead Jeffff?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Me
    Keith
    Trippie
    HJ
    Cardshark
    Neil
    Stephen
    Luke
    Anto
    Jeff

Thats ten? Helimachopter playing?

This going ahead Jeffff?

Steve i would play if there is shower/changing room facilities available, need to be in Celbridge at 4pm to win that tourney.

GAME ON!!

Bushy Park, Terenure, 1pm kick-off. Meet at 12.30pm in Bushy Park. The game is on Pitch 7 in the back corner of the park, probably only pitch with nets on it tomorrow.

If everyone can bring a mate or two so that this squad will have 13+ players that would be ideal as we will play the full 90 minutes and grass will take it out of ya.

I will be organising a ref and we have to throw our lovely park ranger a few quid so could everyone bring €5. We will put up nets, mark the pitch and supply footballs, corner flags etc.

Can you post here that you will DEFINATELY be there and if you will be brnging a mate or two.

Also: jackyback, I'm afraid there is no shower/changing facilities. There is a changing room in bushy park but i dont know of anyone who has used it in 3 years.

Fran if you really want to play you could shower in my college house in Dundrum. Now TommyGunne has been living there on his own for a while so Im not so sure how the house will be:eek:. Bathroom/shower should be fine though.

Jeff I will 100% be there. I won't be bringing a mate though, they are all lazy ****s and are going out tonight.

I will be there. Probably won't be bringing any accomplices other than Trippie cause the little **** needs a lift.

NOTE: We should all wear red as per usual lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

If needed I might be able to get there before the end of the first half - but I can't guarantee

I will be there, but it will be my 3rd game in 3 days and I'm going out tonight, so don't expect miracles. I'll try and bring a mate but I cant promise anything

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

I'll be there for sho, I'll try and bring a friend, but he has red hair so is pretty unreliable at the best of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

I'll be there, on my own.

dont worry about the condition people are in, half our team are out tonight too, so game on!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

****e have to pull out. Have some family thing in the afternoon that I forgot about. Sorry.

Advertisement