Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chat thread for everything Linux

Options
  • 02-07-2009 2:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hello,
    I am a newbie when it comes to Linux:rolleyes:
    So I thought "There should be a Chat thread" well "for everything Linux"
    This Chat thread is solely for Advice and General Chat about Linux

Experienced and not so Experienced are all welcome, even future converts...the more the merrier:)

So Thank you All in Advance for giving up your time to give some really helpful Advice to Experienced and not so Experienced and future convert users:)

So I shall get the ball rolling...
    I've got the latest release of Mint7 and have vista on another partition and was just wondering will they start to clash after awhile?

Nano

Did you find this Thread to be of any help? 0 votes

Yes
    0%
    No
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

But isn't that what the forum is for?

If you were looking for any help, it would get lost in the mass-conversation. In my opinion, threads such as that are more for off-topic, general chat as opposed to topic-specific chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

NanoLion3 wrote: »
    So I shall get the ball rolling...
    I've got the latest release of Mint7 and have vista on another partition and was just wondering will they start to clash after awhile?
    No. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

As regards the OS "clashing" question, is it normal to see a decrease in performance/speed of Windows if one installs another OS on a partition?

I installed Ubuntu 9.04 on a 20 gb partition, leaving 133 gb for Windows but my family have been complaining of speed reductions. Thats the price you pay for using Windows!

Advertisement