Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Is it hard to get insurance on a repaired write-off?

Options
  • 01-07-2009 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi,

A guy rear-ended my car a couple of weeks back. There is only damage to the rear hatchback door (5 door Micra) and bumper and its very repairable. However the insurance company are writing it off because it is not econoical to fix it.

I'm negotiating to get the best price I can from the Insurance company at the moment but I was thinking if I can get the cash off them and pay off some of my loan, then repair the car with a new hatchback door and bumper it would be good for me. The only quesion is, will I be able to get insurance on the car once I have repaired it?

Anyone had any experience with this?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,313 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

If its only written off for economic reasons, there should be no problem re insuring it

Advertisement