Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bic Replacement Fins???

Options
  • 01-07-2009 11:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

One of the lads managed to smash a fin off my board last weekend,just wondering where replacements can be got?

Or if anyone has one that theyd sell lying around.

Thanks.

I think its the middle fin.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

im looking for some myself as well, just the regular FCS fins...are they all the same/standard size? (basic fins for basic boards..?)

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

they have them here:
    http://www.westcoastsurf.co.uk/bic_surfboards.htm

ive never bought from this crowd but afaik they ship here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Shane_C

Shane_O wrote: »
    One of the lads managed to smash a fin off my board last weekend,just wondering where replacements can be got?

Thanks.

Shane_O.....we have to talk :)

Shane_C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Shane_O

About what?

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭neon_glows

Any surf shop that sells bic surfboards if there decent people should replace the fin with something they have in stock as they can reorder replacement fins for the board on there shelf. If you get stuck i might have something here in tramore for you but will have to look.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 TheP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Cecil Mor

Is that seriously the price of BIC fins??:eek::eek::eek:
    Afraid I think you'd have to be a right tit to pay that much for such a piece of moulded plastic crap.

If you must have one get a cheap one off ebay. Anything more then a fiver is plain robbery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭neon_glows

expensive alright...
    another reason i would steer people away from bics as a beginner board...
    they are not compatible with fcs fins, if they did it would be cheap to replace....
    a bad idea but if your on a real budget get an old fin and resin it into the board...

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭learnerplates

Shane_0 ,
    Did you get sorted with that centre fin for the Bic?
    Have the same issue myself, bigsurf are charging 15euro delivery:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

€8.00 for a screw and slider for the fins?! Also €15 shipping?!! :eek: Getting screwed in more ways than one there! :D

Lost the screw on my old board and quick search around the house luckily revealed one the same size. To the hardware store for anyone who loses one!

• Advertisement

anyone know where I could get a fin for bic 7ft 9 natural surf?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭c-note

I Broke a fin off a 7'9 6mnts ago in kerry

jamie knox's near shop near castlegregory had em in stock
    €40 for a set of 3 (including screws and key)

theese are NOT fcs fins, they are unique to bic boards.

c-note wrote: »
    I Broke a fin off a 7'9 6mnts ago in kerry

jamie knox's near shop near castlegregory had em in stock
    €40 for a set of 3 (including screws and key)

theese are NOT fcs fins, they are unique to bic boards.

I'm only looking for the 1 though. €40 a bit dear for 3 fins, or is it..??

Edit: after looking online, seems about right. bummer though, didn't realize they would be that much..

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭learnerplates

Shane_0 ,
    Did you get sorted with that centre fin for the Bic?
    Have the same issue myself, bigsurf are charging 15euro delivery:eek:

I got the single fin, centre fin, for a 7' 3" Bic off a surfshop in sligo last weekend, 15euro. The pack was 40 euro but he kindly gave me the single.

It's a new shop I think, you can see it from the traffic lights on the bypass, it's a blue shop. Nice guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

I got the single fin, centre fin, for a 7' 3" Bic off a surfshop in sligo last weekend, 15euro. The pack was 40 euro but he kindly gave me the single.

It's a new shop I think, you can see it from the traffic lights on the bypass, it's a blue shop. Nice guy.

Thats really sound of the guy!
    As long as he meets a couple of guys who have broken their right and left fin next he just made €5 on a pack of fins. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Disambiguation

when I was in cork city I found bic fins in: union chandelry, on penrose wharf good price too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Surfboard4sale

Shane_O wrote: »

Thanks.

Ya i got loads of those fins around the house cuz i dont surf bics any more. if you want them il sell the really cheap and post the in an letter(much cheaper)

howdee,

resurecting this thread as I lost my middle fin on my bic at the weekend. I surfed away with the 2 outside ones no hassle, but just wondering if anyone would have a spare? I'm in Limk...

Advertisement