Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB Connection / OS Map

Options
  • 01-07-2009 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭

Hey Everyone,

met with our builder this evening and he's hoping he can open the site by Friday if possible. I knew this was something I should have started working on sooner for the project but to be honest I put it off because it looked like too much hard work! Live and learn......

I'm going through the form for the ESB connection and I have a query you might be able to help me with.

Obtaining an Ordnance Survey map (scale 1:2500). I was looking at the OS website and there is a few different types of maps - Aerial Ortho 2002, Aerial Ortho 2005, Land Registry. These are available to buy via download but are they suitable. The Aerial Otho are photographs as opposed to maps and the Land Registry specifically mentions its use as land registry use only.

Are any of these formats acceptable and which would be most appropriate?

Thanks in advance,

Mr Edge.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,350 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Talk to these people, http://www.mapcentre.ie/ tell them you want the map for the ESB at 1:2,500 and they will know what to send you.

Find out your grid reference and have your credit card ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,547 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Dis you get planning permission, if so a copy of the location map is all thats needed.

I usually give a copy of the site layout and the planning permission as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,946 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Dis you get planning permission, if so a copy of the location map is all thats needed.

I usually give a copy of the site layout and the planning permission as well.
    +1. Thats all thats needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭fitzie79

i applied for the esb connection recently and also used the same maps as for the planning as stated above and had no problems

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Technophobe

Plus one and am in Meath also, so you should be fine Mr Edge....!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Got my map from that link up above. None of the maps we had were of the 1:2500 scale. Under a bit of pressure so wanted to do it once and get it right! Hopefully it's all okay. Thanks again guys, much appreciated.

Advertisement