Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

220v Fuse problem

Options
  • 01-07-2009 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭

Friend has just been on to me (not computer literate:)). He plugged in his 220v cable and the 220 fuse made a noise :o. Flicked it up again and nothing happened. Any ideas? I wont be there until Friday evening but he was hoping to get away tomorrow evening so any help would be appreciated. 94 Hymer if I remember correctly. I know its a bad explanation but its the best he could describe it. Not too handy on 220 myself, 12v suits me better. Can they be replaced?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

As he doesn't know what he's looking at, electricity is somewhat dangerous and internet advice could be dodgy in this case ...

... I would suggest consulting the nearest electrician. 240 V is 240 V and they are the experts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Hmmm. Looking at mine it should be fairly simple. 220v fuses can be replaced. I presume its just blown? My thinking is that if he replaces it and it blows again then have it checked properly.

Advertisement