Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8" board too big for street skating?

Options
  • 01-07-2009 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

Im getting an 8" PlanB board of Wreckless, it comes in on friday or something, but i was wondering if thats too big for street skatin, i hardly ever go to skateparks cause the closest one to me is in athlone and i live in Castlebar, but i also have quite big feet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Well it's all relative to you.
    My mate Keith skates an 8.25" and he skates street most of the time.
    Me though... I can't skate big boards very well at all.

You'll have to wait and see really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

also wide boards and little trucks wont go well together..

I had an 8" and hated it! I got a really small 7.625 and I much prefer it.. ill move up to 7.75 next as thats what ive always had.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭roguey

well im a size 12 feet, i've had 3 boards before this one im gettin and they've been 7.5", 7.69" and 7.875", so i wouldnt mind goin up another size just for comparison atleast so then i'll know for sure what size suits me. One of my friends has a 7.6" and its way too small for me, and my other friend has a 7.75" and i really like that. it was my original plan(B):pac: to get a 7.75" but wreckless couldnt get it in the board i want, so it has to be an 8", but like does it really feel that much different? I mean its only .25 of an inch..

With the trucks, are there different sizes? i didnt know, whats the usual size? how do you check what size the trucks are?

roguey wrote: »
    well im a size 12 feet, i've had 3 boards before this one im gettin and they've been 7.5", 7.69" and 7.875", so i wouldnt mind goin up another size just for comparison atleast so then i'll know for sure what size suits me. One of my friends has a 7.6" and its way too small for me, and my other friend has a 7.75" and i really like that. it was my original plan(B):pac: to get a 7.75" but wreckless couldnt get it in the board i want, so it has to be an 8", but like does it really feel that much different? I mean its only .25 of an inch..

With the trucks, are there different sizes? i didnt know, whats the usual size? how do you check what size the trucks are?

Theres wider ones just like boards.. I cant think of the sizes in my head so your best of asking wreckless or your local skateshop...

Some people like big boards some people dont its all down to personal preference!

right yeah, well i'll get it anyways and if i dont like it too much atleast then i'll know what size suits me and i'l get that size from then onwards:)but with the trucks does it just look a bit odd or does it feel a bit wobbly or whatever?

• Advertisement

roguey wrote: »
    right yeah, well i'll get it anyways and if i dont like it too much atleast then i'll know what size suits me and i'l get that size from then onwards:)but with the trucks does it just look a bit odd or does it feel a bit wobbly or whatever?

It just felt to me less balanced.. I couldnt see my wheels cause my board was too wide, it just felt weird! Now I can see my wheels and I can pop alot better..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Your wheels are under your bolts man. haha:p

Yeah the board will feel unbalanced but that's about it.
    I'm a size 11-12 and i feel best with a 7.5" or a 7.75".

Wider boards are said to be better for riding bowls, I tried it out but I'm not convinced.

yeah i suppose thats the bad thing bout not havin a skateshop newhere near me:rolleyes: i cant see or feel the board im gonna buy

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭irishlostboy

i come from the dark ages of single kick boards with no concave. all boards are skinny as hell now. lol. i prefer 8.25 decks. but i am 6'2 and nearing 30. i cannot even pop a 7.5. its a frikkin rolerskate. and i only skate street. guess iit depends on what you mean by street though.

well i decided to get the Sheckler 7.75" instead, gets here monday, cant wait, since i broke my back up board yesterday:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭j0e

i skate a 8.5 its dead on big and wide harder to do tricks (sometimes) but nothing really noticeable. size 8.5 feet (random) so pretty small I can deal with most boards easily. mate rides a 7.6 it feels ok not a major difference tbh. or maybe im just a n00b :P

Advertisement