Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hoxton Hotel, London: £1 room sale

Options
  • 01-07-2009 6:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hoxton Hotel, London: £1 room sale
    What: £1 room sale
    Valid for stays: 6 Sept
    How: Book online Book on: Noon, Thurs 2 July
    Where: Hoxton, London Hotel type: Up-market

An up-market hotel in London’s Hoxton will be offering rooms for £1 a night for stays between 1 1 Aug - 31 Oct 2009. The price even includes breakfast! Hoxton Hotel does this as a regular publicity event, yet getting them’s a lottery; it’s all about timing and luck.

There will be 500 rooms at the special rate, and you can book them online when the sale kicks off at Thursday 2 July at 12.00pm (midday). To get it, go to its website at the right time. The hotel have run this £1 offer six times before and the rooms went like proverbial hotcakes

You can only grab one room at the special price and it's warned if you book more it will cancel all your bookings.

At that price, surely the rooms can't be that good? See for yourself: check out the hotel's photo gallery or visit the Trip Advisor review. This is a mid to higher level little hotel; which you'd probably expect to pay £50 - £80 a night for. This £1 promotion is exactly that; a marketing promotion. Hence if you can grab it, do!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,620 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

You'd want to be really lucky,

Once again we will have 1,000 bedrooms up for grabs on our website: 500 at £1 and 500 at £29, for dates between the
    1st August 2009 – 31st October 2009

During the last sale in April, we sold all 1,000 rooms within 11 minutes and had over 300,000 people trying to book so you'll need to be quick... If you don’t manage to get a room at either £1 or £29, there are some other great deals available including

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭jacool

thanks for the heads-up
    15 minutes to go !!

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Little A

anyone know if you can only book one night or can you do 2??

edit - max one room, one night!! I need glasses!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

*Looks at time

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭djfattony2000

I s there a special £1 booking page???

I can find no rooms for £1 on the normal booking page

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

Anyone get on of these? Find it a bit strange that I got a message "1000 rooms sold out in 10 minutes" when it was only 8 minutes in....

i was on watching the countdown, jumped in and got nothing !!
    not impressed, had my uber-typing fingers ready and all !
    :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Hoxton Hotel's £1 Room Sale
    Message from David Taylor – General Manager

All 1000 rooms sold out in 10 minutes with a staggering 79,489 people trying to book in the first 5 minutes alone.

All of our £1 rooms sold within 4 minutes and the £29 rooms were sold out within 10 minutes. Many thanks to our technology partners at Travelclick who have worked extremely hard to cope with the huge volume of customers trying to book this promotion.

- We are sorry if you were not successful.

- Not everyone could be a winner.

Congratulations to those of you who were successful. We look forward to seeing you over the next 3 months.

For those who did not manage to book, there will be another £1 Sale in October 2009 and there are plenty of other Hox Offers on our website. .

With best wishes.

David Taylor
    General Manager

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Yeah tried this went through all the steps, didn't get the room. I'd say those who got the rooms had pre-registered their details (credit card, postal address, email address, etc...) it's entering those that takes the time.

It's not that great an offer for Irish people anyway, because you can only book 1 room for 1 night at the £1 rate. Unless you cheat and use a different credit card for a second night?? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Cheers to the OP, I managed to get one of the special £1 rooms for the night of the Community shield between Man Utd and Chelsea.. Bargain!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭dubmick

I stayed in that hotel before..it's not bad. Full of beautiful / trendy people if you get my drift. Rooms are quiet small.

dubmick wrote: »
    I stayed in that hotel before..it's not bad. Full of beautiful / trendy people if you get my drift. Rooms are quiet small.
    wish i'd got a room now as those beautiful people couldn't get away from me in a small room ;)

Advertisement